Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We are the party of labour"

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That known Tory-basher Andrew Neil put a hapless delegate on the spot during the Daily Politics this afternoon...

"If you really are the party of labour then why are you cutting tax credits for low paid workers and at the same time giving Inheritance Tax cuts to the comparatively well off on money that they do not have to work for?"
"If money for government to do things is limited, and hard choices have to be made, why on earth would you do that?"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's pitiful. Like hiring 'Lord' Adonis will change anything. Oh, they said 'labour', let's all defect from Labour to the Tories. Like that's ever going to happen. Osborne doesn't seem to twig that traditional Labour voters aren't going anywhere, because they finally got their party back thanks to Jeremy Corbyn. New Labour voters will defect to the Greens, if they've any sense, or to the Lib Dems, if they don't have any sense. Nobody's going to be falling over themselves to suddenly switch allegiance to The Nasty Party.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's pitiful. Like hiring 'Lord' Adonis will change anything. Oh, they said 'labour', let's all defect from Labour to the Tories. Like that's ever going to happen. Osborne doesn't seem to twig that traditional Labour voters aren't going anywhere, because they finally got their party back thanks to Jeremy Corbyn. New Labour voters will defect to the Greens, if they've any sense, or to the Lib Dems, if they don't have any sense. Nobody's going to be falling over themselves to suddenly switch allegiance to The Nasty Party.

Adonis has belonged to every party there is

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would you want your son or daughter being forced to work under such a contract, if the only other option was not working at all? I know I wouldn't.

Some people prefer the flexible working. There are two sides to every story.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That known Tory-basher Andrew Neil put a hapless delegate on the spot during the Daily Politics this afternoon...

"If you really are the party of labour then why are you cutting tax credits for low paid workers and at the same time giving Inheritance Tax cuts to the comparatively well off on money that they do not have to work for?"
"If money for government to do things is limited, and hard choices have to be made, why on earth would you do that?"

Because they simply don't CARE. They will do what is best for them. Their big win at the polls has left them feeling untouchable - completely unafraid of bad publicity and immune to public opinion.

After weeks of toffs / privelage / silver spoon / Bullingdon Club headlines a party with any self-awareness would have given this kind of stuff some thought. Instead, they put up the Eton-educated son of a billionaire financier as the London Mayoral candidate (against Labour's son of a bus driver). They just don't care. **** the proles.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Clearly they all just love the 'flexibility' (to drag themselves into work sick, for fear of losing their jobs).

I've had that problem working with a proper full time job contract. It doesn't give you any more protection.

Our catering staff at the Amex will be on zero hours contracts. Should we boycott the kiosks?

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Shameful. Utterly shameful. The party of zero-hours contracts more like.

In the lead up to the last election a survey was carried out on people who have zero hours contracts. It was reported that around 70% of people on zero hours contracts were happy with them.

The firm I work for has a few employees on zero hour contracts. It is the staff who dictate the hours they work and certainly not the company.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've had that problem working with a proper full time job contract. It doesn't give you any more protection.

Of course it does. Don't be ridiculous.

Our catering staff at the Amex will be on zero hours contracts. Should we boycott the kiosks?

Quite possibly.

I'm not really concerned about the contractual situation of students working a four hour shift, fortnightly for pocket-money. There are bigger issues to take care of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here