Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] WOMEN REPORT: QPR 1 ALBION 7

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Charlotte Gurr opened the scoring after 15 minutes, and two minutes later the Albion striker got the first of her treble after Kirsty Barton hit the Rangers' bar and Taylor turned home the rebound to double the lead.*
Faye Baker was on hand to make an excellent save to deny Cherelle Albert ten minutes later, but there was little she could do as Rangers skipper Elly Maggs made it 2-1 after 32 minutes.*
Albion restored their two-goal lead just before the half-time break as Taylor added her second, from Gurr's corner to make it 3-1 at the interval.*

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Kate Natkiel, after 53 minutes, and Ellie Russell, three minutes later, extended Albion's lead to 5-1 early in the second half, as James Marrs's side turned up the heat.*Taylor finally completed her hat-trick with six minutes left to play, before central defender Deanna Cooper completed the rout when she made it a magnificent seven for Albion.*
Albion: Baker, C Cooper, D Cooper, E Russell; Somes (Perry 45), Blackie, Barton, Boswell (Leitch 62), Gurr (Rowe 73); Natkiel, Taylor.
POST-MATCH THOUGHTS
First-team manager James Marrs said, "I was really pleased with the attitude and work rate of the players, and it was a good performance by the girls - and *nice to get different scorers on the sheet.*
"I'm really happy and delighted for Amy Taylor to get a hat-trick, and I think her work rate and performances of late have made her a real handful for opposing defenders to play against and she is starting to come into some very good form."

[h=3]ALBION V BRISTOL CITY*
[/h]TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V *PRESTON NORTH END*
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V MILTON KEYNES DONS
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH NOVEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here