Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Renewals

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Going out this week (prob).

Nothing to get excited about, so I'm told.

No one being moved.

11% increase.

5 year terms.

Annual increase in line with season tickets.

No premium for premiere league.

Club expecting 85% renewal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That all looks acceptable but if I am signing a 5 year term I don't expect to be open to an annual increase as well.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's rather than a hefty increase at the end. I'd prefer it..

5-10% a year would be pretty hefty and there is no guarantee that won't be what happens if we get to the promised land? I'd much rather know exactly how much I am paying before signing up for 5 years.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
That all looks acceptable but if I am signing a 5 year term I don't expect to be open to an annual increase as well.

I suppose I should know this, but in return for locking him/herself in for five years what benefits does an ordinary 1901 Club member have over, say, a STH in East Stand Upper? (ESU has a view of the pitch very similar to that in 1901land.)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I suppose I should know this, but in return for locking him/herself in for five years what benefits does an ordinary 1901 Club member have over, say, a STH in East Stand Upper? (ESU has a view of the pitch very similar to that in 1901land.)

I think my seat is one of the best in the stadium (don't we all think that though!!), right on the halfway line and I prefer the view from WSL than middle or upper. The free programme is nice but not a big deal. I like the lounge with seats and tables rather than a concourse (old *******). All cup games included in the price. That's about it really :shrug:

It used to be a fixed price for the five years too. Seems the goal posts may have been moved on that one. If so I think we should only be tied into a yearly contract rather than 5 years.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I think my seat is one of the best in the stadium (don't we all think that though!!), right on the halfway line and I prefer the view from WSL than middle or upper. The free programme is nice but not a big deal. I like the lounge with seats and tables rather than a concourse (old *******). All cup games included in the price. That's about it really :shrug:

It used to be a fixed price for the five years too. Seems the goal posts may have been moved on that one. If so I think we should only be tied into a yearly contract rather than 5 years.

Don't you get free tea and coffee as well?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Yes, do you. My cats produce better. It's warming on a cold day but that's about it.

Honestly, speaking as someone who occasionally gets a freebie in the 1901, it really isn't that much better than literally anywhere else in that ground, either in terms of the view or the facilities in the lounge. If anything you get served far more quickly on one of the concourses than you do in those bars.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I've sat in 1901 once and along with being shocked at the price for a Cheeseburger, I wasn't overly impressed.
If I had the money I'd probably do it though.

Just for the lanyard.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Yes, do you. My cats produce better. It's warming on a cold day but that's about it.

Honestly, speaking as someone who occasionally gets a freebie in the 1901, it really isn't that much better than literally anywhere else in that ground, either in terms of the view or the facilities in the lounge. If anything you get served far more quickly on one of the concourses than you do in those bars.

That last sentance is not true.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems fair enough to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually. I'll elaborate and say I think Barber has called this one right. Well done.

Jan 30, 2008
Going out this week (prob).

Nothing to get excited about, so I'm told.

No one being moved.

11% increase.

5 year terms.

Annual increase in line with season tickets.

No premium for premiere league.

Club expecting 85% renewal.

ha ha, loads of empty seats in all stands Saturday ,who cares about 1901 :whistle:
regards
DR

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Only at half time. The milk and sugar is on the most rickety tables they can find so lots of spillages ( I can only assume that this is a joke by the catering staff). The queues are slow moving and they often run out and you end up burning yourself tilting the massive urns trying to squeeze the last drop out whilst waiting for the replenishments. Oh what fun we have in the 1901 club.

1901Phil

Feb 1, 2012
Tunbridge Wells
I am in 1901E
I first watched the Albion over 60 years ago so obviously am no spring chicken.
I have a seat level with the centre circle, am in the back row so neither get wet nor sunstroke. Can sit in a comfortable lounge before the game and as the sports bar is opened up at halftime can get a drink or have a pee with little queuing. All in all a very comfortable way to watch my favourite team. Yes from time to time small things annoy me like only veggie pies being left at 2.00pm last Saturday. I will certainly be signing up for another 5 years

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here