Lovely.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
blue rinse of Tunbridge Wells will be very annoyed

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Revolting people. I don't think people realise just how much our pensioners rely on things like free bus travel. Again, Tory voters, hang your heads in shame, hang your heads.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Revolting people. I don't think people realise just how much our pensioners rely on things like free bus travel. Again, Tory voters, hang your heads in shame, hang your heads.

Where, exactly where, have the Tories, as a party in government, implemented or even suggested as government policy these cuts suggested by the TAX PAYERS ALLIANCE ? Ah, they haven't have they ! :facepalm:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

What, all those millions who voted Tory -all are revolting, presumably? I don't claim winter fuel allowance, even though I could, as we really don't need it. Am I still revolting? Or I could be like my life-long friends, who use the allowance to fund their air fares to their house in Portugal . .
Doubtless some folk desperately rely on the allowance, but not in all cases.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Not nother Tory bashing thread - and this time it's not even a Tory minister, it's a Think Tank Director from the Taxpayers Alliance. Jeez. Calm down people, you'll give yourself a rash.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
"won't be around for the next election"
they really are charmers
Liam Fox .............might have guessed he would be there :tosser:
how anyone would think this is OK is beyond me

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where, exactly where, have the Tories, as a party in government, implemented or even suggested as government policy these cuts suggested by the TAX PAYERS ALLIANCE ? Ah, they haven't have they ! :facepalm:

You are aware that Tories aren't just the elected members of Parliament! TPA is pretty much a right of centre conservative think tank. Liam Fox is also quite a high ranking member of the party who was on the top table at that press conference.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

They will. It's enough for now that they are cutting tax credits while harping on that they want to raise wages and cut these benefits. Fine, I see the sense in that. Raise. The wages first then!! And not this pathetic, recommended "living wage". Yet again, Tory voters, hang your heads.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012

Perhaps you missed the picture in the article with Liam Fox sitting next to the person presenting the "ideas"?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Not nother Tory bashing thread - and this time it's not even a Tory minister, it's a Think Tank Director from the Taxpayers Alliance. Jeez. Calm down people, you'll give yourself a rash.

See post 10.

Also, you can either see this as a Tory bashing thread or, if you are that way inclined, a pensioner bashing thread.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What, all those millions who voted Tory -all are revolting, presumably? I don't claim winter fuel allowance, even though I could, as we really don't need it. Am I still revolting? Or I could be like my life-long friends, who use the allowance to fund their air fares to their house in Portugal . .
Doubtless some folk desperately rely on the allowance, but not in all cases.

Ah I see. Typical Tory attitude , "well I don't need it and I know someone else who doesn't need it so let's cut it for everyone".

abc

Jan 6, 2007

READ THE ARTICLE! Comments made by a pressure group not the Tories. But hey, why let that get in the way of an opportunity to throw more abuse (not necessarily you personally but so many that oppose the government) at the Tories and their supporters rather than offer credible policy alternatives.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What disgusting people, no not the tories but the people who decided to spit
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-at-conservative-conference-day-one-live.html

Is this what our country can now look forward too, are these the type of people that represent the Labour party these days?

Side stepping the issue there I see. Back to the issue, do you endorse the sentiments of the comments relating to pensioners? If policy is going to be driven by the proviso that you only serve those that will be around to vote, god help those with terminal illnesses!!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
READ THE ARTICLE! Comments made by a pressure group not the Tories. But hey, why let that get in the way of an opportunity to throw more abuse (not necessarily you personally but so many that oppose the government) at the Tories and their supporters rather than offer credible policy alternatives.

You obviously didn't read the whole article or look at the picture!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here