Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Stone Roses

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The Stone Roses ; Made of Stone documentary on Channel 4 tonight 12.45 AM

Not sure if this has been on before, but hopefully it will be worth watching.

Sunday night ( technically Monday morning) :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks for this will be checking it out! Saw them in Manchester and London couple of years back, great gigs!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have listened to the Stone Roses, I have watched videos, and now I have watched a documentary. Amazing, after all that effort, there remains one over-riding thought in my mind.....

.....what the f c u... k is all the fuss about? On a scale of one to ordinary, they're pretty high.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I have listened to the Stone Roses, I have watched videos, and now I have watched a documentary. Amazing, after all that effort, there remains one over-riding thought in my mind.....

.....what the f c u... k is all the fuss about? On a scale of one to ordinary, they're pretty high.

I suppose it was about catching a certain time, place, feeling and attitude. If you weren't there or didn't experience the feelings then it is purely about objectively liking the music or not. Personally i think the music is incredible and stands up well within the history of music and their influence over British music cannot be understated. But this doesn't explain their appeal because they simply mean far more to me than simply enjoying the music.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I suppose it was about catching a certain time, place, feeling and attitude. If you weren't there or didn't experience the feelings then it is purely about objectively liking the music or not. Personally i think the music is incredible and stands up well within the history of music and their influence over British music cannot be understated. But this doesn't explain their appeal because they simply mean far more to me than simply enjoying the music.

Spot on with your comments here, the music is incredible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here