Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 1977-78

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Does he ever have a point?

Does he have an index finger?

point-16454.jpg

According to Soccerbase the two League games that season with Oldham were 1-1 draws. The 0-0 was a League Cup game.

Our league run was
Southampton (a) 1-1
Millwall (h) 3-2
Hull (h) 2-1
Mansfield (a) 2-1
Burnley (a) 0-0
Sheff Utd (h) 2-1
Luton (h) 3-2
Sunderland (a) 2-0
So, Perseus has been exposed as an absolute charlatan! He's omitted the League Cup defeat at Filbert Street but included one of the preceding draws just to make his statistics stack up :p

You can't get away with that sort of thing on NSC, mate! :)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I went to all those games, including the six FLC ties, and I don't remember watching Oldham four times in about a month which would have been the case if that 0-0 home draw had indeed been a League match. That second round home leg v. Oldham was also 0-0, but I don't have the League records to accuse Perseus of underhand statistical selection
biggrin.gif

Well remember that trip to Roker on the charter train. Got badly jostled celebrating both Wardy's goals in those non-segregated days; might have turned into a bit of a beating but for the intervention of a mature local.

was at Roker too that day,think Stevie Piper got one of the goals but anyway,strange because there must of been ,what 200 of us on the train,but Inside the ground we all got spilt up
we were in a group of about 5 or 6 celebrating one of the goals,a couple of minutes later a group of Sunderland come sniffing,remember one saying where the **** are they,we all kept stum,always remember one of them was wearing a Rangers scarf,to be fair to the other locals around us they said nothing

the 3-2 Luton night game was briliant

Bolton brought the biggest Union Jack I've ever seen that season,Bolton Wanderers fitted comfortably on it :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That was a proper Chicken Run at Charllton, just like home full of Albion.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Weren't we behind the goal at The Valley that season? I think we were, if it was a night match.

It was the night match when the team arrived late because of the traffic.

Charlton home attendance rose from 6,400 or so the previous Saturday (their averages about then was 11,000) to over 18,000 for the Albion match. Charlton fans on the huge open terrace were outnumbered four to one. And that is assuming they kept a bit quiet when they scored four times.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here