Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you solve a problem like Make Them Giants?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Oh dear O2, you'll be disappointed with that England showing. Where was the risk assessment? What's the Plan B for the rest of the RWC advertising campaign? :lol:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Oh dear O2, you'll be disappointed with that England showing. Where was the risk assessment? What's the Plan B for the rest of the RWC advertising? :lol:

Shock horror product marketing dept over emphasises the greatness of the product they have branded an association with!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Make Them Ants.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
To be fair this is a MASSIVE shock.

Consider that before the tournament kicked off England were one of the favourites and they have NEVER performed as badly as this in history.

So on the face of it there seemed little risk of the team being so monumentally shit as to show up the campaign in this way.

If I were O2 I'd be seriously considering sacking the sponsorship deal off. Abject failures of this level are not generally the best to be associated with.

Wonder if that Lucozade RWC advert will be pulled now too

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bl00dy hell - what a monumental cock up by the organisers. Even FIFA managed successfully to get Japan and South Korea through the group stages of their world cup!
It wouldn't have been rocket science to make sure that two out of, maybe, Canada, Uruguay, Fiji and Italy were in the same group as the hosts. They should have brought in Blatter!

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Bl00dy hell - what a monumental cock up by the organisers. Even FIFA managed successfully to get Japan and South Korea through the group stages of their world cup!
It wouldn't have been rocket science to make sure that two out of, maybe, Canada, Uruguay, Fiji and Italy were in the same group as the hosts. They should have brought in Blatter!
Italy would beat us at the moment

To be fair this is a MASSIVE shock.

Consider that before the tournament kicked off England were one of the favourites and they have NEVER performed as badly as this in history.

So on the face of it there seemed little risk of the team being so monumentally shit as to show up the campaign in this way.

If I were O2 I'd be seriously considering sacking the sponsorship deal off. Abject failures of this level are not generally the best to be associated with.

Wonder if that Lucozade RWC advert will be pulled now too

They might consider rebranding the overpriced sticky drink as Llwchassaid, of course.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here