Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Advocaat gone

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
No great surprise but the confirmation has now come that he's left Sunderland.

Who'll be next in at the Stadium of Light? You have to say it looks a proper shit job.

Piss weak squad, no money, already five points off 17th.

Big Sam was favourite even before the announcement that Advocaat has gone. But would even he want that job?

I can't see Dyche wanting to jump ship from a successful stint at Burnley where he has love and money, to that sinking mess.

Has to be an out of work manager, unless they go really obscure like Leeds and Dave Hockaday (LOL)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seemly his wife had a right go at him at the end of last year for not walking away then. She wasn't happy with him taking the job in the first place. My mate is a Sunderland fan and told me that at one sponsors dinner, they had a raging argument in front of a few people. And he was amazed that avocaat stayed on.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Saint Jude ?

"The Apostle Saint Jude Thaddeus is "The Miraculous Saint," the Catholic Patron Saint of "lost causes" and "cases despaired of."When all other avenues are closed, he is the one to call upon, and his help often comes at the last moment."

... or Neil Warnock

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php
:)

Attachments

• RSNLzol.jpg
    RSNLzol.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 1,102

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Hughton is fifth favourite for the job at 14-1!

Do me a lemon. Surely no amount of money would convince him to swap jobs given how things are working out at present.

Charlie Oatway is at 20-1.

I do love the guy but there's no way he's management material.

33s on Steve Clarke. Now that I'd like to see. Balls up Reading's season. Doubtful though

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Rumours that Dyche will get the job. Would be ideal as I really rate him as a manager in this division, apparently wasn't impressed with the financial backing the Burnley board gave him last year.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Rumours that Dyche will get the job. Would be ideal as I really rate him as a manager in this division, apparently wasn't impressed with the financial backing the Burnley board gave him last year.

Surprised he wants two successive relegations on his cv

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hope he offered to share the taxi - and the private plane fare back to Amsterdam - with his fellow Netherlander Shteeve McLaren :wave:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a shame he didn't stick it out a bit longer, Advocaat is always better at Christmas.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I can't see Allardyce wanting to take over there but if he did you'd have to assume that they'd take him in a heartbeat.

I could see someone like Rowett getting it though, take a chance on and up and comer who's unlikely to jump ship if they go down.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here