Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew doing a Poyet?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
He shouldn't get carried away. The next logical step from managing an insignificant little club with a derelict ground and a small deluded fan base would be managing a medium sized club.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Is Pardew's success at Palace going to his head along the lines of Gus in the past?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ous-Crystal-Palace-boss-eyes-England-job.html

Stating he now wants to manage a big club or the England job less than a year after joining Palace.
Ignoring the Palace bit for a second (if at all posisble), he's annoyingly well placed to be the next England boss. If Hodgson decides to move on who else is there to take it on (English managers I mean, I'd give it to Bielsa personally)?

Monk has done brilliantly at Swansea but it's way way too soon to put him in that conversation...

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Ignoring the Palace bit for a second (if at all posisble), he's annoyingly well placed to be the next England boss. If Hodgson decides to move on who else is there to take it on (English managers I mean, I'd give it to Bielsa personally)?

Monk has done brilliantly at Swansea but it's way way too soon to put him in that conversation...

I don't think having an English manager is important, as unfortunately the Premier League is demonstrating how few English managers are successful at the higher level.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair, Pardew is as entitled to try and talk up his profile in the job market as anyone else. Strike while the iron's hot and all that. Whether a 'big' club is daft enough to fall for it is another question entirely.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He's only stating the obvious. It couldn't have been a lifetime ambition to manage palace, but they could be a decent stepping stone to a good club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, Pardew is as entitled to try and talk up his profile in the job market as anyone else. Strike while the iron's hot and all that. Whether a 'big' club is daft enough to fall for it is another question entirely.
I've just had a massive hit of deja vu again, reading that.
Really really freaky.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wish people would stop starting palace threads all the Nigel mongs will soon be on here
I think that Bozza has written some code that automatically sends an alert to the Palace users by text. Either that or they spend all day and night checking NSC to join any Palace related thread within minutes.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Who's to say we cant finish higher than the so called big clubs ?
Pardew is a good shout for England , but feel they will go for a big name when Roy goes.
Anyway, Sunderland are looking for a new boss, and Hughton had a very successful time in the north east , history repeating itself ???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Pardew is a good shout for England , but feel they will go for a big name when Roy goes.
Anyway, Sunderland are looking for a new boss, and Hughton had a very successful time in the north east , history repeating itself ???
Pardew did well in the north east too, and Sunderland would be a step up, or do you think you're bigger than Sunderland now?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Pardew did well in the north east too, and Sunderland would be a step up, or do you think you're bigger than Sunderland now?

What a bitter person you are !
I certainly feel we'll finish above them, if that makes us bigger, you tell me.
Crowds or league positions, which would you'd prefer ?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

1 hour and 3 minutes, a bit slow onto this thread, were you busy, has someone in Croydon bought a new box of matches?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here