Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Media Ad on NSC

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was just on the Zamora "Too Tired" thread and started hearing some noise coming from my computer. I quickly realised it was the sound of an auto playing video.

nsc ad.jpg

This is the beast. Are these intrusive and annoying video ads going to become a thing now, Bozza?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was just on the Zamora "Too Tired" thread and started hearing some noise coming from my computer. I quickly realised it was the sound of an auto playing video.

View attachment 68981

This is the beast. Are these intrusive and annoying video ads going to become a thing now, Bozza?

Not intentionally, no. Which spot on the page was that in?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Hope not. One reason i have stopped using the argus onlnie

Ditto.

Even flashblocker doesn't stop them anymore and I find them incredibly irritating.

Intrusive nonsense like that will keep me form using the desktop version of NSC and I'd only keep up via Tapatalk.

Can we please ensure this doesn't become a thing?

I fully appreciate the need for advertising and I don't block ads on NSC, but they shouldn't be intrusive, resource hungry and noisy like this

D

Deleted member 22389

Not intentionally, no. Which spot on the page was that in?

I understand why you need to ads, NSC is probably really expensive to run. I love NSC but I would be happy to pay a yearly fee to NSC if I could block the ads.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was at the bottom of the page just above the " « Previous Thread | Next Thread » " bit

Thanks. I'll see what I can do with that ad unit.

Hope not. One reason i have stopped using the argus onlnie

As above - I have no intention of them being a thing on NSC - I dislike them intently too.

Ditto.

Even flashblocker doesn't stop them anymore and I find them incredibly irritating.

Intrusive nonsense like that will keep me form using the desktop version of NSC and I'd only keep up via Tapatalk.

Can we please ensure this doesn't become a thing?

I fully appreciate the need for advertising and I don't block ads on NSC, but they shouldn't be intrusive, resource hungry and noisy like this

As above - agreed.

I understand why you need to ads, NSC is probably really expensive to run. I love NSC but I would be happy to pay a yearly fee to NSC if I could block the ads.

It's something I'm going to develop, and make available as an option, yes.

D

Deleted member 22389

Thanks. I'll see what I can do with that ad unit.

As above - I have no intention of them being a thing on NSC - I dislike them intently too.

As above - agreed.

It's something I'm going to develop, and make available as an option, yes.

Excellent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've had a couple of these but didn't note what ads it came from. The first one made me jump as I didn't expect any noise/music when I viewed a page.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Makes using the Argus site bearable again. Now all you have to put up with is the poor quality of journalism and endless drivel in the comments section

Which always begs the question, what is it with having comments sections anyway? Surely all you want is a story written by a journalist, not what Keith from Hove, to quote Mitchell and Webb from a few years back, 'reckons'. Who cares what anyone else 'reckons'? That's what the likes of NSC is for surely.

Jul 7, 2003
Which always begs the question, what is it with having comments sections anyway? Surely all you want is a story written by a journalist, not what Keith from Hove, to quote Mitchell and Webb from a few years back, 'reckons'. Who cares what anyone else 'reckons'? That's what the likes of NSC is for surely.

Unfortunately the Argus comments section now is a place for trolls and a few people who seem to be in desperate need of a social life. However, in the old days it was a bit more sensible (and maybe better moderated).

A few years ago, a very close friend of mine died in an accident. Lots of people who he had worked with - both locally and from across the world - put comments on the website and these were very much appreciated by his family who printed off the pages and kept them together with the cards and other tributes they received. Nowadays, there would be some smartarse who would put up a stupid comment which would not be removed and then it would degenerate from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here