Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Real Solly March has Stepped Forward

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Having been consistently played out of position with by successive managers and even in the first half when he was told to play more in the centre, yesterday we saw what Solly can do when played in the correct position with a mandate to run at players. He is fast, skilful, tricky and now massively growing in confidence. yesterday, despite being kicked around the park and being the one player that Cardiff clearly could not deal with, he was MOM for me. Lets see more of this, a left footed player on the left, with more tricks than Lua Lua, quicker and able to draw men and make the opposition change their shape.

Well done Solly, look forward to seeing you do more of the same, we just need someone in the middle who is able to connect with your crosses.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Be nice if he knew when to pass to an unmarked team mate in the box rather than run it right into the keeper's hands/out of play.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Awful for the first half hour or so but made amends in the 2nd half to ensure he'll keep the left wing role until either Murphy or Lua Lua return; sadly, Elvis didn't look like he's able to challenge March for a a place in the starting line up.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A game of two halves for sure. If he hadn't reappeared for the second half, I doubt many would have been surprised. He then had an incredible second half - certainly the best I can ever remember him playing for us.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My concern is that he looked good after the right back had been booked. He played even better when the right back was given a final warning I really want him to come good but he falls under the JFC bracket for me - very good technically but seemingly too lightweight. Both look very good in international matches which tend to me more technical but it doesn't seem to transfer into the rough and tumble of the Championship often enough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Needs to improve end product and will then be fantastic. Mind you, if he had a great end product AND played like he did in the second half he'd be playing up a league.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
My concern is that he looked good after the right back had been booked. He played even better when the right back was given a final warning I really want him to come good but he falls under the JFC bracket for me - very good technically but seemingly too lightweight. Both look very good in international matches which tend to me more technical but it doesn't seem to transfer into the rough and tumble of the Championship often enough.

Its interesting that you mention lightweight as for me his turning point in his game was toughing it out in in a challenge whilst defending just outside our penalty area in the first half and then shortly after doing the same up the other end ...he took a lot of rough treatment yesterday including his tussle with Peltier at the end ..so to me yesterday was him manning up a bit and his skills followed

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Its interesting that you mention lightweight as for me his turning point in his game was toughing it out in in a challenge whilst defending just outside our penalty area in the first half and then shortly after doing the same up the other end ...he took a lot of rough treatment yesterday including his tussle with Peltier at the end ..so to me yesterday was him manning up a bit and his skills followed
Agreed - he showed it at times but also in the first half he went down very, very easily. He looked stronger prior to his injury and has looked to be very wary of a heavy challenge since coming back. Hopefully he will get stronger and become very good player.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agreed - he showed it at times but also in the first half he went down very, very easily. He looked stronger prior to his injury and has looked to be very wary of a heavy challenge since coming back. Hopefully he will get stronger and become very good player.

oh i agree....but somewhere in that first half towards the end he turned it round.....and we all like a trier :)

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
oh i agree....but somewhere in that first half towards the end he turned it round.....and we all like a trier :)
As I said, my only concern is that the end of the first half is when Fabio was booked and couldn't lunge in any more. I think we all want the March who played against Reading in the cup back. Here's hoping.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
My thoughts are similar to others, I thought he started poorly, then got better..second half was great.....personally I love a bit of wing play but must have the end product, putting the ball in the danger area for a knock in or chipped cross, beating the first defender, to be headed in...loved it when he tricked his way past Da Silva... he is young and learning, but needs consistency now..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here