Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What a player, he was absolutely incredible yesterday and putting the goal to one side (although it was technically superb) his work rate, passing range, tackling ability and technical proficiency was a joy to behold. One of the most commanding midfield performances I have seen in a Brighton shirt from any player.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Whoops mods please merge!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What a player, he was absolutely incredible yesterday and putting the goal to one side (although it was technically superb) his work rate, passing range, tackling ability and technical proficiency was a joy to behold. One of the most commanding midfield performances I have seen in a Brighton shirt from any player.

After the match v Norwich at home last year I discussed Stevens with the main man who said Stephens was the best player at the club. I promptly disagreed but I am being made to eat my words this year.

We have now signed a lot more better players since then and I still disagree but that's why he is the Manager and has taken us to the top of the Championship and I do what I do but I still disagree with him following the signing of Murphy.

Discussion to be continued next week ??????

Dec 15, 2014
Here
After the match v Norwich at home last year I discussed Stevens with the main man who said Stephens was the best player at the club. I promptly disagreed but I am being made to eat my words this year.

We have now signed a lot more better players since then and I still disagree but that's why he is the Manager and has taken us to the top of the Championship and I do what I do but I still disagree with him following the signing of Murphy.

Discussion to be continued next week ??????

You love to drive the shoulders don't you?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Easy chant for him;

Ain't nobody,
Like Dale Stephens,
Makes me happy,
Makes me feel this way

(and repeat until chant fades out)

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
A David Burke signing none the less. Believed to be around £500k, wasn't it? A bargain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A David Burke signing none the less. Believed to be around £500k, wasn't it? A bargain.

:lol: that's gonna be instantly forgotten by a fair few on here.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Easy chant for him;

Ain't nobody,
Like Dale Stephens,
Makes me happy,
Makes me feel this way

(and repeat until chant fades out)

No, it's got to be Bill Withers' "Lovely Day" _

Two part harmony! Most sing Lovely Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale, whilst Police Box Crew sing Lovely Dale, Lovely Dale, Lovely Dale, LOVELY Dale etc.

I will expect the songmasters to have this sorted by the Bristol City game.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Only 25 years of age hopefully he can play his best years with us injury free. Him and Kayal is the best two man midfield I've seen for the Albion.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Only 25 years of age hopefully he can play his best years with us injury free. Him and Kayal is the best two man midfield I've seen for the Albion.

And it's hard to think of a better pairing in our division. I can't. If we can keep these two we really have got a chance of being very, very good indeed.

Dale is the heartbeat of the team, but what a team! We are going up. It is written.

(I wrote it).

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Every heard the saying. If you throw enough shit, some of its got to stick. The fact Burke may have got one or two things right. Does not change the fact that on the whole he was totally useless at his job, for the most part.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nathan Jones played a part didn't he?

I would say Nathan Jones played a big part as he knew Stephens from his time at Charlton.
Unless Stephens had turned out to be shitehouse, at which point he would have been a 100% Burke signing.

Sure history is written by the winners and there's plenty to slag Burke off about.
But it's only right and proper to apply the same standard to both sides of his tenure.

When it's all done and dusted and the last player has left, it'll be interesting to know how much DB cost Tony.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here