Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We are really missing LuaLua

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I feel that we have lost that cutting edge. He is someone who can take defenders on and score. Who else can beat two players and put it past the keeper. These draws would have been wins! Maybe!
When is he due back?

el punal

I feel that we have lost that cutting edge. He is someone who can take defenders on and score. Who else can beat two players and put it past the keeper. These draws would have been wins! Maybe!
When is he due back?
Really? I thought Solly March did a pretty sound job yesterday, against a lot of people's expectations.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This is what you're always going to get with LuaLua, he can be unplayable when on form but he will pick up 3/4 injuries a season, which is why he isn't with a Premiership club.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Solly March's wing player for that last hour was as good as we've seen for the Albion for a very long time. There's no question Da SIlva should have gone and he got other players into trouble with the ref.

I agree that although he is very creative he doesn't look like scoring but yesterday was not about the absence of Lua Lua, it was our inability to convert from close range.

el punal

How many times has March scored?

Not as many as Kaz admittedly, but as a replacement for the great one March had a good game. I do agree with you on Lua-Lua having the cutting edge and, yes, he could have scored the decisive goal yesterday. Still, we now have a break of two weeks which means Lua-Lua can have more recovery time without missing matches.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The main difference between Kaz this season and Solly's performance, yesterday, is that Solly doesn't have the reputation to 'scare' the opposition.
By the time Cardiff realised that wasn't actually the case, it was already to late for them.

Solly needs to work on yesterday, he needs to have defenders terrified of him before the whistle is blown.
Then he'll get the extra yard of space Kaz revels in.

At the moment I'm still seeing the boy Solly as Craig Noone II, I desperately hope that'll be proved wrong by the time we roll into 2016.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Lua Lua should resume light training over the international break according to the argus

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Latest on his injury. looks like Leeds at a stretch, possibly Bristol. In which case its likely we'll have all March, Lua Lua, Murphy and Manu all available for Preston (H) on the 24th.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/13805214.LuaLua_on_course_to_give_Albion_a_boost/
Hughton: “He’s doing okay. The international break will help. We are quite optimistic it won’t be too much longer.
“We’ll look over this two weeks to get him involved in training, maybe the following week, certainly not this week, and see where we are once we get to the Leeds and Bristol games.
“We’re hoping it might be some time around then.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here