Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another 2 points thrown away

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The sheep shaggers were dire the worst team to play at the Amex this season, when are we going to employ a decent goal scoring striker, one capable of scoring more than one goal in a game

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, just woken up and realized that I'm not actually enjoying this season or the football we're playing at all. My excitement from yesterday has evaporated as I realize we're crap up front, shit at the back.....8pts dropped already this season....not good enough....:nono:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
At least they'll have a decent chance of getting promoted next season.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Sure it's nice still to be top but those lost 6 points lost will be a major reason why we miss out this season. Wheel be pipped by teams that have taken the odd drubbing but always gone for it. If you're going to be cautious at least don't drop clangers.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just because we are top that doesn't mean people can't have an opinion. Yes it's fantastic we are top and playing fantastic football. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Two points dropped last week and two points dropped yesterday. I can't really see how anyone can argue with that.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Just because we are top that doesn't mean people can't have an opinion. Yes it's fantastic we are top and playing fantastic football. That doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Two points dropped last week and two points dropped yesterday. I can't really see how anyone can argue with that.

Room for improvement is one thing, constant threads about Baldock being the problem and throwing away points is just moaning. It's boring enough when we're down the bottom so you'd think we could have a break from them when top.

The funny thing is if someone had started a positive thread when we were bottom last year, people like you would have had a real go at them but the other way round it's okay. Do you ever post anything positive?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Room for improvement is one thing, constant threads about Baldock being the problem and throwing away points is just moaning. It's boring enough when we're down the bottom so you'd think we could have a break from them when top.

The funny thing is if someone had started a positive thread when we were bottom last year, people like you would have had a real go at them but the other way round it's okay. Do you ever post anything positive?
Yes I'm very content atm...I've always said play 4-4-2, I've always said loan players are a waste of time for the most part, I've always said get a proven champion manager and I've always said tippy tappy is shit and foreign managers is not the answer for us...and I've always said Baldock is not a top end championship striker....yes I'm very content atm. But we should have at the very least another 4 pts on the board.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes I'm very content atm...I've always said play 4-4-2, I've always said loan players are a waste of time for the most part, I've always said get a proven champion manager and I've always said tippy tappy is shit and foreign managers is not the answer for us...and I've always said Baldock is not a top end championship striker....yes I'm very content atm. But we should have at the very least another 4 pts on the board.

Well if this is you very content, I'd hate to see you miserable. There's always games you should win and don't but the other way round, we could easily have drawn or even lost against Fulham and all our home games have been very tight so we were bound to draw one at some point.

I was disappointed with yesterday's result in the end but we made a team who were in the play offs before kick off look very poor, despite conceding an early goal so there are lots of positives to focus on. We're still top of the league and four points clear of third place with a run of winnable games coming up (especially the next three home games). Overall, I would say there is no need for people to start threads moaning about various things.

As for Baldock, as someone else said the only game we've failed to score in this season, he was missing. I think that tells you a lot about his movement and how important he is to the team. Yes, he needs more goals and hopefully they will come but he doesn't deserve the stick he is getting on here.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We've actually dropped 6 points in the last 3 games a penalty miss at Wolves who were average then we let a two goal lead slip at Bolton and yesterday we couldn't convert one of the numerous chances we created. On the positive side we've increased our lead at the top by one point M'boro failed at Reading we are playing really well away from home still unbeaten Leeds, Bristol City, Preston and Reading to finish the month all games that we can get something from 10 games played and we are top let's celebrate for a change Seagulls! :albion2:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not despondent. I thought we were going to cock it up big time and it would be worse than last season vs Cardiff. Almost the same. I think if you remember the first 20 minutes of this game, we played better last season at home to Cardiff.

Last season we had an average of 15.9 shots per game. This game it was 20 and away at Bolton was 11. Without Lualua we are like last season for the number of shots.

As the match was highly predictable this could happen if Cardiff scored first, why didn't CH & Co. have plan B, other than Greer joining the attack?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It's been a great season with great attacking football that hasn't been seen in the Amex era....We should have won the last three,but we didn't.The signs are looking very good though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here