Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP the football league show

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This channel five effort is rubbish. Besides, I want the championship on after MOTD, by which time I'm so drunk that the games (especially ours) look ****ing brilliant.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Already gave up recording it. Waste of time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What's with the studio audience in their replica shirts hanging around. I mean why ?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
What's with the studio audience in their replica shirts hanging around. I mean why ?

Plenty of idiots happy to be on TV !! Would any serious fan want to spend their Saturday night in a TV studio !! As for replica shirts, that's no proof of being a fan. I remember walking through the town the other day, surprised to see someone wearing an Arsenal shirt, as they were at that moment on TV on the early kick off:facepalm:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Its seriously crap, just feels awkward like everyone in the studio is slightly uncomfortable because they know how shit it is and as each week passes the feeling gets worse. The producers need to have a serious rethink and relaunch it with a different format. All the shirt wearers look a bit special.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Even my picture did not seem very good.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They're faced with that dreadful dilemma - they've probably paid good money for the rights to the content, and they've got to squirm with embarrassment every week when the show goes out from now until whenever, and they can't just give it back now they realise they've got no idea what to do with it,. Life doesn't work that way. If it did, shirley we'd have given Agustien back to Swansea?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I always record it so I can just skip the studio parts as every single moment spent there is embarrassing. You couldn't fit more awkward moments in a tv programme if you tried!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Its seriously crap, just feels awkward like everyone in the studio is slightly uncomfortable because they know how shit it is and as each week passes the feeling gets worse. The producers need to have a serious rethink and relaunch it with a different format. All the shirt wearers look a bit special.

Haha. I'd like to see the body language of the studio audience at the end of the season.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The highlights are on the Sky Sports website a couple of hours after the game so I just watch them on there instead.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Makes you realise what it takes to just make an average tv show like the bbc one when you see how bad the ch5 one looks

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
The highlights are on the Sky Sports website a couple of hours after the game so I just watch them on there instead.
Indeed. And I reckon the Sky Sports website highlights are actually longer in duration than what Channel 5 broadcast, which is baffling considering our (current) league position.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Another vote for appalling here. That choreographed moment when the three Reading gimps gave their shit new club anthem a "Unanimous thumbs up" was a low point, only matched by the bizarre alternating big screen stills of Elland Road and Will Buckley's Leeds shirt - WTF?!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here