Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock the problem!!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Hate saying this because he's actually been playing well, but 1 goal in ten games just isn't good enough .
We just lack a real poacher if the club could get someone in on loan till Jan think it would be huge , but not sure who we would get .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's pretty much a continuation of what Baldock did (or rather, didn't do) last season. Continues to be a bit of a lightweight and should probably have been swept away with the rest of last season's misfiring strikers. BZ is not the answer anymore. Said it on another thread but Barnes or Murray would have had an absolute field day today. Pretty ridiculous how we let our best strikers go at the drop of a hat yet hang on to the duds as long as possible.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Top of league, unbeaten, and post mortems are already under way.

I think the Coroner's Office will be rather confused by this league leading corpse.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
A fair few of our goals have been made because of Baldock dragging defenders away with his runs, or indeed setting them up himself.

Admittedly his finishing needs work, I think because he hasn't had that many chances he's started snatching at them when they come.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Thought he looked a massive waste of money last season but we really missed him the game he didn't play. His touch and movement is superb, really rate the lad.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
T\he continuing trend of bring off Hemed at around the hour mark closely followed by Baldock continues. Are they not fit enough for ninety minutes? If anybody had reason to be tired it was Solly.

Loved the way Elvis flopped down in the penalty area in the North at the end and remained there huffing and puffing like he'd just run several back-to-back marathons instead of just having been on the pitch for all of ten minutes. Bit early to write him off as this year's Kemy, but having said that... ???

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought he looked a massive waste of money last season but we really missed him the game he didn't play. His touch and movement is superb, really rate the lad.

This. He also runs his absolute guts out - was taken off today because he was understandably drained. Thought Tomer and BZ were a bit ineffective today, not Baldock.

Jimmy Grimble

Spot on mate. His finishing needs work, but he is integral to the way we play. He creates a lot of space for others and makes us click in the final third. If his finishing was on point he'd be the best player in the league. Currently we have no one else who can play the role he's playing if we keep this formation (as we should).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So we should all just go all happy-clappy floppy and not discuss any areas where there might be room for improvement? ???

Well, I understand. But I think Baldock has played well generally this season.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This. He also runs his absolute guts out - was taken off today because he was understandably drained. Thought Tomer and BZ were a bit ineffective today, not Baldock.

I like CH but thought he f*cked up pulling SB off at Bolton - he wasn't too happy either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here