Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer today

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really hate having a go at players, but I thought GG had his worse game for us today for ages, probably since last season. I thought he was at fault for the goal, losing Mason in the box and not cutting out the cross, the slip at the end that nearly let in Sammy Ameobi, and as for the last gasp chance, I know he's not a striker, but, as they say on the telly"I think he'll be disappointed with that"

Having said all that, I think he is one of our most improved pl this season

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit harsh. I think he's better than he used to be.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Personally thought it was his best game of the season. Funny how people see a different game

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I am not a huge GG fan but today he played the ball forward, he was running forward and ffs he was in the 6 yard box to nearly score a goal in the last few minutes. What more do you want?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I am not a huge GG fan but today he played the ball forward, he was running forward and ffs he was in the 6 yard box to nearly score a goal in the last few minutes. What more do you want?

For him to score from 2 yards! Apart from the miss he played very well.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This time last season he was selected for Scotland, followed by a run of poor form

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
For him to score from 2 yards! Apart from the miss he played very well.

Apart from their goal. Call me a bluff old cove, but I thought the first job of a defender was to defend, oh well, each to their own

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I really hate having a go at players, but I thought GG had his worse game for us today for ages, probably since last season. I thought he was at fault for the goal, losing Mason in the box and not cutting out the cross, the slip at the end that nearly let in Sammy Ameobi, and as for the last gasp chance, I know he's not a striker, but, as they say on the telly"I think he'll be disappointed with that"

Bruno was at fault for the first goal. If he wasn't 2/3 of the way up the pitch then the ball into the channel wouldn't have been played. Greer had to come out to cover otherwise the Cardiff lad would have cut into the box.

If Bruno had been in position Greer would have had a better chance of blocking the cross.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Only seen it live, but wasn't Greer marking Mason in the box? If it wasn't him, then I apologise for this whole thread

Still should have scored though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I saw it live and saw the replays on the concourse. I agree that Greer should have stopped the cross.
As for the last gasp chance, it looked as though he'd messed up, but I also saw the east side linesman put his flag up, so he would have been offside had it gone in?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought he had one of his better games

Game of opinions I suppose, still, having had a moan about GG i am made up we are still top, doubled our points lead today, and playing great football, but I'm starting to believe we are quite good, and its a strange feeling

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I saw it live and saw the replays on the concourse. I agree that Greer should have stopped the cross.
As for the last gasp chance, it looked as though he'd messed up, but I also saw the east side linesman put his flag up, so he would have been offside had it gone in?

Lino only put his flag up for a goal kick.

If Greer had scored the goal would have stood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here