Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This shows how one sided it was

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unlucky for us that their keeper Moore saved their skins much the same as Marshall did in the same fixture last season.
Yeh, just one of those days. Fortunately, that dominance shows that we're justifiably topppa the league right now, and if we continue to play that way over the next 36, we'll win at least 20 and finish top 2.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Was very happy with that today, such a major improvement on last season, think today proved that brighton can definitely challenge for promotion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The most impressive thing today was our urgency. I know they scored the only time they were in our half in the first half but everybody was looking to get things going quickly all game.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
It's more frustrating tho out playing teams and only getting a point. I said before the window shut we were one striker short of top two and I still feel the same . Would love the club to get someone in till Jan .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's more frustrating tho out playing teams and only getting a point. I said before the window shut we were one striker short of top two and I still feel the same . Would love the club to get someone in till Jan .

Calleri, anybody?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Excellent display yesterday and for the neutrals, really good entertainment. I thought that for long periods the Albion did look like top of the table material, and the Cardiff boards seem to echo this. But our domination has to be turned into goals, and whilst the problem is nowhere near as acute as last year, it is still simmering this season. We can't always rely on DS to come up with something. I am sure that the club is aware of this and January may see an arrival. Did Reading not get Jason Roberts for the second half of the season a few years ago, and look where it got them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
All teams struggle for goals. We've got 14 already this season, there's only a handful of teams who have scored more. Hemed already has 5, Stephens and LuaLua both notching regularly. It's not easy scoring goals, we're not doing too bad at all.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Pointless stats if you cannot secure all 3 points. We have dropped 6 points in the last 3 matches. That's the stat that matters. We should be 10 points ahead of 3rd place. Great start to the season in some respects but on the evidence so far (If we want to have a chance of going up) is that we are still 2 attacking players away.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yesterday was the first time we had gone behind in a league game. We've drawn four games but won the rest. We've been top from the start, so we must be doing things right. Of course it would be great to score more goals, but we are still scoring goals even with injuries & suspensions.
In other words, we are being consistent. Long may it continue.
I found yesterday very entertaining, & we're not going to win them all.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Looking really good at the moment. Bar Reading away, there's nothing on the fixture list that looks too daunting before December. I think at the Madejski we'll get a good idea of what we're really about. On our day, well capable of beating anyone. Other teams may have a few more names that stand out but we do have quality throughout the side, including 2 exceptional central midfielders. I agree that we probably lack the lethal striker that would have us as title contenders for sure, but the guys we have are still very decent. Far better to have a good, hard-working, committed team than a collection of reasonable players and a couple of 'stars', which seems to be more common in the Championship. We're akin to Everton under Moyes right now for grittiness and team ethic. Can't be a bad thing.

el punal

Was very happy with that today, such a major improvement on last season, think today proved that brighton can definitely challenge for promotion.

I agree. Although the result was disappointing the performance certainly wasn't, particularly after a slow start and conceding an early goal. I'll reserve judgement on the promotion bit until the end of October, which I feel is the right time to assess those teams who have the wherewithal to be in the top six come May. A word of caution though, remember Derby last season, who had the title in the bag until early March - ouch!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Unlucky for us that their keeper Moore saved their skins much the same as Marshall did in the same fixture last season.

I thought we tested Marshall more than Moore last season.

When against Cardiff we won 0-2 in Wales in their promotion season with much the same outrageous under the cosh although Cardiff did not create such clear cut chances against our deep defence back then.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
After Marshall's performance last season I was really pleased to see he was suspended for yesterday. Unfortunately his deputy did rather well :(

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
It was not only the keeper that saved them it was also the defenders made many good blocks on our crosses and shots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here