Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solly march

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Terrific game today and was my MOTM. I prefer him on the left he pace to go past the full back and his delivery off his left foot is very good where as on the right he is constantly checking back inside. Numerous times today crosses flew across the box especially in the 2nd half.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He was a good in the 2nd half as he was bad in the 1st, so good I agree he could have won mom. Also thought Bruno was superb today.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Terrific game today and was my MOTM. I prefer him on the left he pace to go past the full back and his delivery off his left foot is very good where as on the right he is constantly checking back inside. Numerous times today crosses flew across the box especially in the 2nd half.

Do behave. That position he was in today where he declined to cross the ball in the box about 10 times was nothing short of criminal.

So much potential but invariably makes the wrong decision in crucial moments in the match.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In the first ten minutes, he gave the ball away three times and I said to my son, I like Solly but he has really got to up his game.
He must have heard me, cos from about 20 minutes he was excellent

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good to hear, I had him down as being too lightweight and headless chicken, good if I am wrong

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Sorry, absolutely no chance MOTM, he played better than he has so far this season in the 2nd half but still didn't make the most of the space and time he had given their right back would have seen red if he'd fouled him one more time. Stephens or Kayal far superior.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
2nd half he was so much better. But he should of passed the ball back across goal towards the penalty spot, after he dribbled between 4 players

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Absolute man of two halves rubbish the first and spectacular the second

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good to hear, I had him down as being too lightweight and headless chicken, good if I am wrong

I think he's strengthened up, and he was hacked repeatedly today, with four yellows for fouls on him. I disagree that he was awful in the first half. He was for the first 20 minutes or so (but we weren't up to much then, apart from Stephens), but it was his tackle and run at the heart of the defence that turned the game in our direction. He was excellent in the second half. Really pleased because he's good so may attributes, especially pace and skill. Just needs to improve his composure and he'll be one hell of a player.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No end product. Played well, same as Baldock. Unfortunately, both nearly men when it matters. If they can both improve just that little bit we have 2 very good players.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Been saying it all along - play him in his preferred position and you'll get the best out of him.

That said, none of his crosses really found anyone and he might have missed a chance to win us the game when he tried to walk the ball into the box instead of passing it sooner. But much much better.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would get a player rating from me of about 3 or 4 for first half and about 8 for second (vastly better but still a few poor decisions)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was half calling for him to be subbed at half time, then he became brilliant. And he can cross from the left!

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought his second half performance was excellent , he looked a different player , he showed pace , skill and his crossing was very good ,shame our forwards could not convert any of his crosses
First half he was very safe in his play ,second half was like someone released him from his shackles ,

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Terrible in the first half, much better second half but MOM?

Not with no end product for all his endeavor.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Terrible first half,I really thought that he would go off at half time . I am not sure what CH Saudi to him but he had a much better second half.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I thought he started very poorly, but got better as the first half went on. You could sense his confidence rising.

And I find it incredible that anyone could claim that he was less than brilliant in the second half. He ran their defence ragged, and put in loads of dangerous balls - unfortunately they defended them well. He was also incredibly unlucky not to score when he had that shot cleared off the line.

I thought we were excellent today, and he was my man of the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here