Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 3rd October 2015
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Charles Breakspear
Assistants: Sam Purkiss, Darren Blunden
Fourth official: Nick Kinseley

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Brighton will be without Jamie Murphy (suspension) and Kazenga LuaLua (groin) when they host Cardiff on Saturday.
    [*=left]Tomer Hemed (hamstring) and Bruno (ankle) hope to be fit while Andrew Crofts (knee) could make his first appearance in a year.
    [*=left]Cardiff will be without Federico Macheda for the next two months after surgery on a disc injury.
    [*=left]Craig Noone and Alex Revell are expected to be on the bench against their former club.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten against Cardiff both home and away in their last seven league encounters (W2 D5).
    [*=left]Cardiff last won at Brighton in October 2005, when Jason Koumas and Alan Lee were on target in a 2-1 win.
    [*=left] The Seagulls, who are the only side yet to lose in the Championship this season (W6 D3), have made their best start to a league campaign since 1953/54 (22 points from first nine games, assuming three points for a win).
    [*=left]Cardiff have won four of their last six in league competition, losing the other two.
    [*=left]Brighton are one of two teams in the top four tiers who have maintained a 100% record at home this season (Gillingham the other).

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
good start
2-0

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Damn, great start only to confound it with a schoolboy error in totting up the points total weir loose

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Going for a 2-1 win to us.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What happened to & Hove and Albion and City? Hope that goes unspotted by the match day demons

I had us down for a comfortable 2-0, not so sure now :annoyed:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I'm not seeing the club badges...is this a good sign or a bad one? :eek:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm interested to see what Hughton does today, will the loss of our two first choice wingers necessitate a change in system or will he trust March and Manu to step up?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I'm interested to see what Hughton does today, will the loss of our two first choice wingers necessitate a change in system or will he trust March and Manu to step up?

Indeed, I'd possibly be tempted to 4-3-3 putting Ince into midfield with Kayal and Stephens and putting Elvis up with Baldock and Hemed. Fortunately Hughton knows better than me so I'm sure he's hatched a slightly different plan :)

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I'd go with Manu on left and Rosenior on the right

I agree. I wasn't at the Bolton game, but it sounded like March was disinterested and didn't follow Houghton's orders. Rosenior's had a pretty good season so far.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is Bruno fit today ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here