Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter: Coca-Cola say Fifa president must stand down

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
From the BBC:
Coca-Cola has called for Sepp Blatter to step down immediately from his role as Fifa president.
The American drinks company, a key Fifa sponsor, said: "Fifa needs comprehensive and urgent reform, and that can only be accomplished through a truly independent approach.
"Every day that passes Fifa's image and reputation continues to tarnish."
Last week Blatter, 79, said he would not stand down despite criminal proceedings being opened against him.

That'll hurt.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Coca Cola demand Blatter steps down.

Surely the other major global sponsors will follow suit too. Difficult to see the flabby faced prick hanging on for much longer with threat of major sponsors pulling the plug. What does it take to get rid of this odious parasite?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely the other major global sponsors will follow suit too. Difficult to see the flabby faced prick hanging on for much longer with threat of major sponsors pulling the plug. What does it take to get rid of this odious parasite?

:lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But if he doesn't will Coke and McDonalds be prepared to walk away and let Pepsi and Burger King in ? I doubt it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's worth following Uncle Sepp on Twitter these days, not for what he tweets (same old bland, inane FIFA bollocks), but to enjoy the absolute torrent of abuse that follows every time he does.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
MacDonalds too now.

Really? Where is that being reported out of interest. Perhaps they are coordinating their responses for maximum effect, I do hope so. Seeing that criminal fall from grace will be a good day for football. Complete top to bottom reform is the only way FIFA can emerge from this and hope to build some sort of reputation from the ruins of corruption.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Really? Where is that being reported out of interest. Perhaps they are coordinating their responses for maximum effect, I do hope so. Seeing that criminal fall from grace will be a good day for football. Complete top to bottom reform is the only way FIFA can emerge from this and hope to build some sort of reputation from the ruins of corruption.

BBC website

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, I can't find insults vehement or offensive enough to describe how much I hate Sepp Blatter and his cronies at FIFA, it really riles me!

No, it's fine. I considered it a perfectly acceptable term for that verminous, snivelling toad. It also made me chuckle.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Coca-Cola and McDonalds are joined at the hip. It will have been a carefully orchestrated move.

Will be a shame if they are able to occupy some sort of moral high ground when they have knowingly bankrolled huge corruption on an industrial scale for decades but chosen to turn a blind eye until it was impossible to do otherwise.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not keen on big business calling the shots.

But I think I'll sit this one out and get the Pringles.....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
every cloud eh?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Coca-Cola and McDonalds are joined at the hip. It will have been a carefully orchestrated move.

Will be a shame if they are able to occupy some sort of moral high ground when they have knowingly bankrolled huge corruption on an industrial scale for decades but chosen to turn a blind eye until it was impossible to do otherwise.

Yes I'd have to agree with you on this but I can choose not to drink Coke or eat McDonalds however FIFA have infected the game I love with their cancerous and putrid stench and we as fans seem to have been powerless to change it or impact it in any way so I'm happy to ignore the wider issue of whatever the global sponsors get up to in the hope the whole FIFA deck of cards will collapse in the most monumentally disastrous fashion preferably with all the various executives stabbing each other in the back and getting arrested.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
in the hope the whole FIFA deck of cards will collapse in the most monumentally disastrous fashion preferably with all the various executives stabbing each other in the back and getting arrested.

What a beautiful thought.

FIFA - rot in hell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here