Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is there any alternative to working for the rest of my life?

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Pray for an interest rate rise so property prices fall and people are able to save for the future.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Interesting that the Germans can have a successful economy on shorter working hours. pretty much everyone I know works more than the 40 Hours mentioned in that article.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sweden just cut down to 6 hour working days. Sensible move I reckon.

Work for the most part is nothing more than wage slavery to me and I've always hated it with a passion. I do like a lot about the job I've been in for the last 10 years but if money was no object I'd still hand my notice in tomorrow and get into volunteering a day or two a week instead.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You need to somehow break away from the process where you give your time in exchange for money.

My suggestion is to develop a messageboard devoted to a subject you have an interest in, flood it with adverts, plug it every now and again and then sit back and drink cider all day long. Hope this helps.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Depressing isn't it?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I often discuss this when we've had too many ciders. We never get to a solution.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You need to somehow break away from the process where you give your time in exchange for money.

My suggestion is to develop a messageboard devoted to a subject you have an interest in, flood it with adverts, plug it every now and again and then sit back and drink cider all day long. Hope this helps.

Depressing isn't it?
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and I often discuss this when we've had too many ciders. We never get to a solution.

I hadn't read your reply - but cider appears to be part of the solution.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

When are you bringing out the book?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here