Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The worst political 'interview' ever

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Actually more embarrassing, than Marr's performance on Sunday. Some of his facial expressions are scandalous and he's not listening to anything his interviewee is saying.

Interestingly, the one I thought he didn't do so well on was with John Snow, where I thought the questioning was far more sympathetic, which was a bit odd.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Kay Burley has done worse, to be fair...

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Next time I hear or read the words of someone slagging off Corbyn, I'll struggle to get the image of Eamonn Holmes out of my mind. If you don't like or rate the Corb, you don't have to vote for him but be prepared for a life of the same ole same ole 2 faced politicians.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Simpleton, Corbyn did well to keep his cool but it's fair to say he's now had a lot of practice with interviewers who continuously try to keep him away from politics, as they can't cope with sensible answers.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Simpleton, Corbyn did well to keep his cool but it's fair to say he's now had a lot of practice with interviewers who continuously try to keep him away from politics, as they can't cope with sensible answers.

EH is the simpleton? Just for clarification.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Turned round doubtful you can beat the wonderful performance from Natalie Bennett when being interviewed by Nick Ferrari

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
Excruciating. Only sky could possibly think that Holmes & Burley are political heavyweights. Another reminder for me, not that is was needed, as to why I have nothing to do with Sky.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
What about the famous pre-Falklands one with the then Defence Secretary, John Nott?

I still like seeing the Bee Gees walk out on Clive Anderson. He is still a pretentitious pratt on R4.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
What about the famous pre-Falklands one with the then Defence Secretary, John Nott?

I still like seeing the Bee Gees walk out on Clive Anderson. He is still a pretentitious pratt on R4.

6 peeps altogether in those 2 interviews and 3 are dead. The wrong 3!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I liked how agitated Holmes got when Corbyn said that leading a political party was not like managing a football team. EH must have been thinking 'If people start to realise that not every topic can be discussed using an analogy involving Alex Ferguson, my career will be over!'

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That was pretty bloody bad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My worst political interview ever has to be Newsnight - Paxman vs Chloe Smith, the 30-year old Economic Secretary to the Treasury Minister.

She entered Parliament as the youngest MP in the House and before that interview she was the youngest government minister at the time - a bright career beckoned. After the humiliating interview she was mauled in the media , removed from her post just over two months later and returned to the back benches. It was Paxman at his most ruthless.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here