Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Still unbeaten after Wolves/Bolton or an extra point on the board?

Still unbeaten or an extra point on the board?

• I'm happy that we're still unbeaten

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • I'd prefer us to have lost a game but have one more point

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

North Stand Polls

Feb 25, 2015
Being the only unbeaten side across the four divisions has a nice ring to it, but it's a matter of fact that winning a game and losing the next (or vice versa) is more beneficial than drawing both.

What would you rather? Be unbeaten today, as is still the case, or won one/lost one of the last two away games and have an extra point to our name?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Points win prizes shirley? That hypothetical extra point could make the difference between making the play-offs or not, or automatic promotion or not, or - heaven forbid - relegation or not. So...I'd take the extra point any day of the week.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'm enjoying being unbeaten, in fact we haven't gone behind in a game yet.

That will change (probably tomorrow), but, for now, it's good and morale boosting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Points win prizes shirley? That hypothetical extra point could make the difference between making the play-offs or not, or automatic promotion or not, or - heaven forbid - relegation or not. So...I'd take the extra point any day of the week.

If you want to talk hypotheticals...

What if we'd BEATEN Bolton and LOST to Wolves, and we have one extra point, but ultimately miss out on a play off place to Wolves, who get TWO extra points...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Rather be where we are currently.

I think the pride and confidence built from being the only unbeaten team in England will win us more points in the short term than the other scenario.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
Obviously we will draw tomorrow which will be disappointing because Cardiff will equalise in injury time. When the same thing happens in the following games we'll be saying 'stuff the unbeaten record, let's WIN A GAME!'

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
An extra point would be nice - but losing can easily become a habit. I'd rather try and keep the habit of not losing.......OK, I know it can't last for ever, but the longer the better.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the unbeaten run is great, but it becomes a bit of an abatross. Definitely take the extra point.

Quite. The unbeaten run will go at some point, guaranteed. It's a nice-to-have while it's there, but it's no substitute for points on the board. I'm genuinely surprised that anybody would think otherwise.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
No brainer. Come the end of the season nobody will remember who was the least team to be beaten, but they'll recall who got promoted. Points on the board are what matter!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here