Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be prepared to press the button?

Two choices:

• A

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • B

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Following the fallout from Jemery Corbyn's answer to the question put to him, I ask the people of NSC what they would do
Two choices:

A) I would be willing to cause a nuclear holocaust
B) I am not psychopathic

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
oh look a massively loaded question/answer. don't worry about the nuances of nuclear strategy, you are either never going to use them or you are a psychopath.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're going to need all the nukes together when the big **** off asteroid finds it's way into our path...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would depend on the situation would it not ? With strategic nukes, if it got to that situation it would mean there was already at least 1 incoming ICBM.

Would there be a different response to 1 incoming ICBM, or to 100s ?

Would there be any merit in at least nuking the attacker's remaining unfired nukes ? ??? Or any submarines that have launched the incoming missiles, who have now given away their position ?

Or perhaps you are talking about firing tactical nukes at an incoming invasion force ?

One answer doesn't fit all scenarios.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The USA have already used the bomb twice in 1945. We are told it was a good thing to do to end the 2nd world war. Is the USA a psychotic nation ?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
oh look a massively loaded question/answer. don't worry about the nuances of nuclear strategy, you are either never going to use them or you are a psychopath.

Nuances of killing millions of people with one button, rendering the land inhabitable for centuries? The question is plain, simple and fair based on the definition of a psychopath.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nuances of killing millions of people with one button, rendering the land inhabitable for centuries? The question is plain, simple and fair based on the definition of a psychopath.
So you are narrowing it down to a massive ICBM launch ?

Incidently, where is the option :

"I wouldn't have to because the very fact I have the weapons and have a stated intention to possibly use them, would deter any situation occuring where the question would be asked in practice"

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That's irrelevant in the context of the hypothetical question, "Would you press the button?"

As someone who has already been involved in the training for such a situation, yes.
You do realise that it isn't possible for one person to 'press' the button?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here