Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Loan

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If we were to bring in a short term loan option to cover the loss of Murphy / Kaz, what time would they need to be registered to enable them to play tomorrow ?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We are looking to take Joe Cole on loan, apparently.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we were to bring in a short term loan option to cover the loss of Murphy / Kaz, what time would they need to be registered to enable them to play tomorrow ?

noon today?

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the Football League site:

41.2 Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (other than those referred to in Regulation 41.3) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#baY0lDVyAGJefezb.99

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think, note only think, it is 5pm today but I seem to remember us signing a player on loan when we were at Withdean at 4pm and he played that evening. It may be more to do with when the FL office closes to register him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'd much rather Elvis get a runout than someone elses player. We've invested in him, now lets see what he's got.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Isnt that a full transfer not a loan?

You are correct:

41.3 Subject to Regulations 41.4 and 41.5, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his Standard Loan, Emergency Loan, Youth Loan or Emergency Loan of a goalkeeper transfer are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by the Executive:

41.3.1 in respect of any fixture played on a weekday when the Office is normally open, at least three hours before the match; or

41.3.2 in respect of any other fixture:
•(a) 12 noon on the day of the match; or
•(b) at least three hours before the match, whichever is the earlier.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx#rDcgReO4EqgtdEbc.99

So, noon on Saturday

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Not really sure the point of a short term loan at the moment. They are likely to be a player out of favour with their club and therefore not match fit. It will take a month of games to get them playing and by then they will be being returned. Rossinier has done well there and we have elvis and march. Lualua maybe back after the international break as well. Let's see what the boys have got.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'd much rather Elvis get a runout than someone elses player. We've invested in him, now lets see what he's got.

I can understand that logic but would rather he be on the bench until he can come on as a sub and show he has what is required in this division, time is on his side due to his age dont lets ruin his potential.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stand or Fall with our own players for me. Last season has put me right of loans unless absolutely necessary and I don't feel that we need unfit out of favour loan players getting fit playing for us anymore.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I can understand that logic but would rather he be on the bench until he can come on as a sub and show he has what is required in this division, time is on his side due to his age dont lets ruin his potential.

If you were talking about Harper then I'd totally 100% agree. But we're not. Elvis has played 60-odd times in Holland, 32 of which were in the Eredivisie as well as in Europe for one of the major Dutch teams. He's 22, not some wet-behind-the-ears teen who's never had a sniff of first team action.

I honestly cannot see how starting him would ruin his potential. Lets see what he's got.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stand or Fall with our own players for me. Last season has put me right of loans unless absolutely necessary and I don't feel that we need unfit out of favour loan players getting fit playing for us anymore.

This, with great big clanging BELLS on.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Last I heard Feyenord (a pretty good side in the Dutch first division apparently) had a pretty good £1M plus winger playing for them, but he hasn't appeared in the team or on the subs bench for them this season. Perhaps they might consider lending him out?

.....oh, hang on a minute........

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
How on earth would getting someone in 3 hours before a game starts be better than playing our own players who have been training with the team for weeks on end?
Can some people not see that CH is building a team/squad here that know their roles and each others game and that this is the secret to our success so far this season?
We do not need, or want, an emergency loan.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Someone down the chipshop said it should be Elvis............... Der der dumm der der etc.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here