Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Never too old for a 1st visit?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I offered my 2 to a charity called Time To Talk Befriending, it's a charity for people who may not be disabled but lonely. They have a lady who will be thrilled to go, her last game was the last at The Goldstone where she used to stand with her husband in the North.

Sadly, her husband and a son never lived to see the Amex. her son was a campaigner and was one of the group presenting the petition to No 10. Their ashes are at the Amex memorial garden but she's never been out to see a match or to the garden.

This lady is now in her Eighties. She doesn't use a wheelchair but cannot walk far. My tickets were for WSL near the North but she will be dropped off in the coach park, too far to walk. I have contacted the club and they have swapped the seats for some in the South Stand. I will only get to meet her to hand the tickets over as I am in WSU.

She is going with her daughter and I do hope she enjoys an emotional day. I hope any stewards in the South will look out & look after her and any fans in the area please be patient and say 'Hello' to Peggy.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I opened the thread in the expectation that I'd post something "funny", riffing off the title. Would be utterly inappropriate.

What a totally brilliant thing to have done :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell. What a great idea. Well played, FG. You sir, are my NSC Man of the Day :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Thanks Edna, and others!

I do have a few logistics to resolve, like the being dropped off and walk to the entrance. I'd love it if there was a lightweight wheelchair and it would be nice to be able to take her down to the Memorial Garden.

I also hope that some good people will look out for her at the game, maybe fetch her a half time drink or help negotiate a busy concourse (I won't be able to as I'll be in my usual WSU seat.

And finally, after the game them will be a while before she can be picked up but is there anywhere to sit? It'll be getting abit chilly out pitchside and I know they like to clear these areas but there's no seating in the concourse.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks Edna, and others!

I do have a few logistics to resolve, like the being dropped off and walk to the entrance. I'd love it if there was a lightweight wheelchair and it would be nice to be able to take her down to the Memorial Garden.

I also hope that some good people will look out for her at the game, maybe fetch her a half time drink or help negotiate a busy concourse (I won't be able to as I'll be in my usual WSU seat.

And finally, after the game them will be a while before she can be picked up but is there anywhere to sit? It'll be getting abit chilly out pitchside and I know they like to clear these areas but there's no seating in the concourse.

Any ideas gratefully received.

If you can get her to the Memorial Garden, there is a bench there, which was paid for by the fans. I hope someone can lend you a wheelchair for the day. There is a lift from the coach park down to the concourse, by the south stand. There is a ramp from the west stand concourse down to the Memorial garden.
If not a wheelchair, maybe a mobility walker with a seat?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
There's usually a disability liaison Steward in the south stand, lovely lady. Helps us a lot as my other half is visually impaired. In fact all the stewards in the south have been very helpful.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on, good people of NSC. Let's help make Peggy's day. Any ideas? :bounce:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And me.

#OperationPeggy

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm at work at the mo so can only dip in & out of here but thanks for the support. I'll be giving her a ring soon to hopefully sort out times etc and will pop back here again later.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Should be able to do that, [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here