Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

At least 10 dead in Oregon Community College Shooting

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is this a cut and paste form the last one ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Every single time something like this happens, the same conversation is had:

Rational person: 'Yet another incident highlighting the need for strict gun control in the US'

Americans: 'If everyone on the campus had a gun, he wouldn't have been able to shoot so many people'.

Etc etc etc. They will never change.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You only have to watch the recent documentary on the KKK to realise that Americans will never give up their idiotic claim on carrying arms. Really, they must be one of the stupidest nations on the planet.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The biggest detail is that most of the American law enforcement sits with the camp that says more guns in law abiding citizens hands is the way to go. They don't see legislation making a difference.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Obama can't change gun laws the no one can. Apart from the obvious maiming and loss of life the Yanks fail to appreciate that the rest of the world sees their love of guns as some sort of proof they are bloodthirsty, ignorant nutters.

Lose the guns, regain the moral high ground.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Here we go again. Still at least they have the right to bear arms (and kill each other) :(
Like others say - not sure they will ever learn

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You only have to watch the recent documentary on the KKK to realise that Americans will never give up their idiotic claim on carrying arms. Really, they must be one of the stupidest nations on the planet.

I saw that, and the Reggie Yates programme.

Not all septics are stupid but they seem to be in the minority. Its too late to mend it now.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Their cultural affinity with guns is not going to change and seems alien to us but slagging them all off doesn't accomplish anything does it ? Sheesh some of you fellas would be fun at a funeral ....." well I always said he was going to die of drink/smoking" etc etc

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Jeez, statistics say if I pull over the next high school or college age kid with an angry/or maybe blank look on his face that I'll probably stop a school shooting. Ambiguous?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It's not their attitiude to guns it's their attitude to life and the odd honour culture in some sections of their society. Gun culture is a symptom and sure some simple and logical legislation should help to reduce the incidence and severity of these terrible massacres, but it's the underlying attitudes that they need to look at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here