Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bz-quid-l229-2722110_478x359.jpg

Bobby Zamora is backing AITC's bring a quid campaign
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:24 1st October 2015
by Richard Morris
Part of the reason I wanted to come back to Brighton was because I knew what a special club this is"
Bobby Zamora
Brighton & Hove Albion’s striker Bobby Zamora is backing Albion in the Community’s bring a quid campaign.
Albion supporters are being asked to bring £1 to this Saturday’s match against Cardiff City to help raise £25,000 for AITC as the charity marks 25 years of working with the people of Sussex.
With a crowd of around 25,000 anticipated for the crunch game with Cardiff City the hope is that if every fan donates £1 the charity will receive a bumper donation to kick-start its latest fundraising campaign.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Zamora, who famously wears the number 25 on the back of his playing shirt, said, “When I was at Brighton before I was well aware of the excellent community work the club was doing, but since I have returned I’ve been amazed at how much Albion in the Community has grown.“Part of the reason I wanted to come back to Brighton was because I knew what a special club this is. Albion in the Community and its work is very much part of what makes Brighton special.
“I am hoping to get out and visit some of the charity’s projects and see first-hand the work the charity is doing.
“Seagulls fans are among the best in the country and I know they are proud of Albion in the Community. Hopefully they’ll continue to show the charity their support throughout the season and make it a 25th anniversary to remember.”

AITC runs projects across Sussex in a range of areas, from health awareness campaigns and back to work football sessions to work with local schools and a thriving disability sports department.In the last 12 months alone the charity engaged with more than 30,000 people throughout the county. It is fair to say the Albion’s community work has come a long way since it started in 1990, initially as a small department within the club itself.
Saturday’s match – as well as a vital game for Chris Hughton’s table-toppers – will also be a celebration of those 25 years of community work, with activities taking place outside and on the pitch at half time. The Albion will also wear a one-off AITC shirt for the game.
[h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF CITY
[/h] SATURDAY 3RD OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V *BRISTOL CITY
[/h] TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V PRESTON NORTH END
[/h] SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here