Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury 2016

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Not bothering with Glastonbury anymore. It's now become a pop festival. the BBC have ruined it. Give me Download or Hellfest any day of the week.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Will be on Sunday. Anyone want to swap details? Am happy to try for others if they could do the same for me and my misses.

Not a smidgen this eve, guess I am going all in on Sunday then :shrug:.

I am with three freinds, not sure of the benefit/reward of swapping more numbers to type in though?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
The BBC? How's that then?

Just look at the line ups since the BBC have been involved. Too much commercial rubbishi.e Paloma faith, James Bay, Sam Smith, George Ezra. It's been crap for the last 5 years compared to what it used to be. People used to go because of the music.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just look at the line ups since the BBC have been involved. Too much commercial rubbishi.e Paloma faith, James Bay, Sam Smith, George Ezra. It's been crap for the last 5 years compared to what it used to be. People used to go because of the music.

Nice scenery though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think you need to dig a little deeper, or maybe actually attend, my friend. There's a hell of a lot more to the festival than the acts you state.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Best festival in the world.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I think you need to dig a little deeper, or maybe actually attend, my friend. There's a hell of a lot more to the festival than the acts you state.

Actually attend, My first was in 1991 then 92,93, 94, 98 until 2008, 2009 and onwards. I agree there is much more to the festival than the music, but I go for the music. I will wait to see who is playing next year as I don't need to rush because I have a job there should I wish to take it. The best music now is to be found away from the Pyramid stage. FFS were by far the best act I watched last year closely followed by The Moody Blues and The Water Boys.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Luckily my mate got me a ticket boom!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually attend, My first was in 1991 then 92,93, 94, 98 until 2008, 2009 and onwards. I agree there is much more to the festival than the music, but I go for the music. I will wait to see who is playing next year as I don't need to rush because I have a job there should I wish to take it. The best music now is to be found away from the Pyramid stage. FFS were by far the best act I watched last year closely followed by The Moody Blues and The Water Boys.

Fair play. I saw FFS a few backs back; agree they were brilliant and really brought a smile to everyone's faces.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Fair play. I saw FFS a few backs back; agree they were brilliant and really brought a smile to everyone's faces.

Sparks have always been my favourite band. FFS were brill at Glastonbury. I don't normally dance but by the end of their set I was totally exhausted. I went home one very happy exhausted bunny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here