Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points we will get in October?

How many points will we accumulate in October?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
There. I've done it.
An overwhelming 0 points is likely to be the most prominent outcome of the poll, and what signs are this season showing that we have a chance of breaking our notorious 'duck' in October at the AMEX, in which we have never won a game? I mean, come on: we are top of the league, unbeaten, grinding out results, the Mojo is high, and we are all in shock, yet confidently anticipating the Sh*tstorm that is coming our way. Who remembers the game last season at the AMEX V Cardiff? A beautiful, dark night on the 30th September 2014, in which David Marshall managed to make 9 saves in order to keep Brighton out of the game and consequently draw 1-1. The biggest mystery was not how he was so amazing, but how this game was not in October. It quite frankly epitomised our fortunes - or misfortunes, if you like - in this maddening month. To be fair, it was only four hours off being in October, so maybe the devil was getting a bit too carried away.
Regardless; let's go onto the main subject. Allegedly, ticket sales have sky-rocketed for this game, so we can have a thunderous audience cheering the boys in blue-and-white on to destroying the shameless sheep-shaggers. However; we have only won three times under Chris Hughton when attendances have exceeded 25,000.
Next, we rampage on to Yorkshire, where we will get inevitably out-sung and outplayed by THE MIGHTY LEEDS ̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ EMPIRE. We have fared well recently during our last few trips to Elland Road, but we are in October. Then, the ones which will haunt us: relegation favourites Bristol City and Preston. The Cherry on the cake? These games are at home. Expect four straight defeats. No more. Well, there is one more game. Going into our final game of the month, at explosive Reading, who, accompanied with the formidable attack including Vydra, Sa, Blackman and John, are looking promotion-worthy, we can expect this period to be over. Our misery over. Our season over.
But hey, I'm positive... enough...surprisingly. Here are my predictions:

Game: Predicted Outcome: Pts: Overall Pts:
Cardiff (H) Draw 1 22
Leeds United (A) Win 4 25
Bristol City (H) Loss 4 25
Preston (H) Win 7 28
Reading (A) Draw 8 29

Although, I'd be content with anything that keeps us above Middlesbrough, since I reckon we have the strength to overcome other teams. Who knows though? Don't rely on me, I've got every single one of my score predictions wrong this season....

Nevertheless; UP THE ALBION!!! :albion2:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Gone for a safe eight but hopefully ten will be the correct answer.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

image.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The last four seasons we have accumulated 3 points in October so anything more is a bonus.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I think this month will make or break our season.

Go on a 'Brighton don't win in October' run and we slide back towards the pack, and probably have a reasonably good season, we might even get a nice play-off spot..

Get 10+ points, and we might dare to open half an eye towards being possible promotion candidates.

I'll go with a pessimistic 7 points. It IS October, after all.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Pie in the sky, wishful thinking, we'll accumulate all fifteen and deserve them all, that's my last word on it !

New Seagull

Sep 27, 2015
I'm thinking 2 wins 2 draws 1 defeat. So that is 8 points and we will be in 2nd position, 5 points clear of 3rd which is was matters.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes

a question no one can know the answer to !!! ..... Thread should read Guess how many points we will get in October?

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove

a question no one can know the answer to !!! ..... Thread should read Guess how many points we will get in October?

Sorry for the inconvenience, I wrongly assumed that most people would be able to adequately gather that it was a bit of fun in estimating how many points we would get before the end of October. How many points do you think we will get anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here