Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Lawson to lead campaign to leave EU.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He doesn't need to run a campaign.

I'm happy to stump up the airfare myself.

Where does he want to go?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
tory splits already appearing

OUT

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Part of the looney right climate change sceptic brigade. What is it about Nigel's?

Gersgull

Oct 26, 2009
SW France
He lives in France not far from me. I see him regularly on Easy Jet from Toulouse to Gatwick he's a drooling eejet who should be traveling with his carer. Sadly I've never managed to sit next to him and remind him of what a c**t he was and still is.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I see the left wing morons are out in force tonight !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lawson very quickly saw the flaw in the Euro

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
... And he also pushed inflation up to 8 per cent and interest rates to 15 per cent.

Get real that was Lamont who sang in the bath on the night we hit 15% interest rates and it was meltdown

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I listened to Jeremy Corbyn's points in his speech this week and it made me sad. Eminently sensible policies about building houses, bringing schools under local authority control and nationalising the railways being put forward by someone who the majority of people in this country are not going to trust enough to deliver.

At least the week can end with the Kippers experiencing a similar feeling. They think that their argument is sensible, however they are to be represented by someone who will be totally rejected by anyone in the middle ground. Lawson is a Thatcherite relic who has spent the last few years assuming that his PPE degree makes him qualified to argue with the world's scientists about global warming. Those who have heard of him have been laughing at him.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Very interesting, I think he will prove a formidable opponent to the Pro EU campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34409264

PS as long as he can deal with DiP pointing and laughing at him :lolol:

in fairness he is just another jockey trying to take the lead in one side of the debate,same with the stay in campaign

"The Electoral Commission has yet to nominate the official pro- and anti-EU campaigns in the referendum"

Im pro leaving,and dont think Lawson or Farage for that matter are the right people to lead an out campaign.

This lot seem quite a good compromise on the face of it https://theknow.eu/en/our-campaign (now rebranded as leave.eu),they seem to have a wide umbrella thinking to gather support from both right and left wing anti EU types(and centralists) and are at least getting a fair amount of online sign up support.

have to admit i have no idea what the electoral commission takes into account when appointing official campaigns....do they even consider things like online membership of the groups asking to be in charge?

should note Farage has already said he doesnt want to lead an Out campaign but wants UKIP and its 4 million + voters to be represented within a wider Out movement

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

in fairness he is just another jockey trying to take the lead in one side of the debate,same with the stay in campaign

"The Electoral Commission has yet to nominate the official pro- and anti-EU campaigns in the referendum"

Im pro leaving,and dont think Lawson or Farage for that matter are the right people to lead an out campaign.

This lot seem quite a good compromise on the face of it https://theknow.eu/en/our-campaign (now rebranded as leave.eu),they seem to have a wide umbrella thinking to gather support from both right and left wing anti EU types(and centralists) and are at least getting a fair amount of online sign up support.

have to admit i have no idea what the electoral commission takes into account when appointing official campaigns....do they even consider things like online membership of the groups asking to be in charge?

should note Farage has already said he doesnt want to lead an Out campaign but wants UKIP and its 4 million + voters to be represented within a wider Out movement

I shall be signing up. I already feel more optimistic after reading that. I don't want to be governed by some idiots in Europe who can't even protect their own borders properly and are pushing Europeans in to mass poverty for years to come and eroding each countries identity and their culture.I love Europe whatever will be left of it, I just don't like the rules that govern it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here