Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wales v Fiji

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wales will win I'm sure, but if they don't get the bonus point it would also mean that if we win Sat and then the Aussies beat the Welsh (perfectly plausible) we will also top the group (assuming the Aussies don't run in 4 tries v the Welsh).

el punal

Obviously England will need to beat Australia on Saturday, but that fourth try that England scored in the last seconds against Fiji (resulting in a bonus point) could prove to be the most decisive score of the group. Australia failed to do that against Fiji, and I suspect Wales will struggle to achieve that too.

I think Wales will beat Fiji, but it will be interesting to see how they perform after that epic battle with England. Jaded and lacklustre could be their undoing - time will tell.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Wales do win, which I expect, I hope it is via Dan Biggars boot. But if Fiji do win then a win for us Saturday means either Wales or Australia will go home.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
altogether now...

Blessing grant oh God of nations on the isles of Fiji
As we stand united under noble banner blue
And we honour and defend the cause of freedom ever
Onward march together
God bless Fiji

CHORUS:
For Fiji, ever Fiji, let our voices ring with pride
For Fiji, ever Fiji, her name hail far and wide,
A land of freedom, hope and glory, to endure what ever befall
May God bless Fiji
Forever more!

Blessing grant, oh God of nations, on the isles of Fiji
Shores of golden sand and sunshine, happiness and song
Stand united, we of Fiji, fame and glory ever
Onward march together
God bless Fiji.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
The odds on Fiji to win are 6/1. I think Wales will win but it will be a tight game.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Come on Fuji you can beat England B!!

el punal

altogether now...

Blessing grant oh God of nations on the isles of Fiji
As we stand united under noble banner blue
And we honour and defend the cause of freedom ever
Onward march together
God bless Fiji

CHORUS:
For Fiji, ever Fiji, let our voices ring with pride
For Fiji, ever Fiji, her name hail far and wide,
A land of freedom, hope and glory, to endure what ever befall
May God bless Fiji
Forever more!

Blessing grant, oh God of nations, on the isles of Fiji
Shores of golden sand and sunshine, happiness and song
Stand united, we of Fiji, fame and glory ever
Onward march together
God bless Fiji.

Better and classier than Reading's anthem dontcha think? :wink:

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Please be a...

Dont-drop-it-a-banana-ski-001.jpg

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Wales will beat Fiji, no dramas. But their record against the big three Southern hemisphere teams is terrible. If England can beat Australia at the weekend, and suitably spank the Uruguayans in their final group match, it would leave Wales needing to beat the Aussies I think? Given that Wales only beat England by three points, with a single try & no bonus, there is still a decent chance of us qualifying. And of me having the last laugh in my own household (please, please God).

Hamilton

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This is a mad game!

I love it.

Fiji don't stand a chance if this continues.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given the start this is going to be try city. Abandon hope if you're counting on bonus points.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not knowing. Does the bonus point for 4 tries only come in if a team wins or if a draw and either or both sides scored 4 tries would they still get the bonus point.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wales will beat Fiji, no dramas. But their record against the big three Southern hemisphere teams is terrible. If England can beat Australia at the weekend, and suitably spank the Uruguayans in their final group match, it would leave Wales needing to beat the Aussies I think? Given that Wales only beat England by three points, with a single try & no bonus, there is still a decent chance of us qualifying. And of me having the last laugh in my own household (please, please God).

Hope you're right but at 17 -3 in the 1st half can't see Wales not beating Fiji by far more than we did. Then it's down to points difference (I think)

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Don't like the commentator shitting his nappy every time the Welsh get near scoring.

I know there's a ton of people of all nationalities and allegiances watching this game, btw.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fuji might not win the match but at least they are almost to all native to their country. The raiding of other nations to bolster teams in Rugby is out of hand...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Wouldn't hold yr breath Edna

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here