Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sunday League player jailed........

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Having read that earlier it sounds like he absolutely deserves to go down for a bit.
I can't think of anything the victim could have done (in the context of a football match) to warrant his leg getting that sort of treatment.

In other 'good jailing' news:-

http://road.cc/content/news/166455-...-months-jail-after-seriously-injuring-cyclist

21 months for a texting driver who drove into a cyclist.

Be honest, at least a small part of you is hoping to draw out the usual suspects in the driver/cyclist debate isn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be honest, at least a small part of you is hoping to draw out the usual suspects in the driver/cyclist debate isn't it?
Were that the case I'd have given the story it's own thread and laced in some glee at a driver going down.

My thinking, having read both stories within a few minutes, was how similar they were.

Both horribly pointless crimes.
Affecting people who were enjoying their activity of choice.
Neither likely to be able to continue with that sport.
Probably 4 families wrecked.
Plus both defendants getting substantial jail time, for offences that have 'traditionally' only got a slap on the wrists.

If you think I enjoy reading the same morons spouting the same drivel about cyclists, you must think I'm insane.
Sure sometimes I bite, sometimes I goad, but all of the time I'm thinking 'that could be me rammed off the road with my spine snapped'.

That, and a 21 month jail sentence ought to be quite a sobering thought.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Should have been a longer sentence as clearly urban thuggery with total intent

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Were that the case I'd have given the story it's own thread and laced in some glee at a driver going down.

My thinking, having read both stories within a few minutes, was how similar they were.

Both horribly pointless crimes.
Affecting people who were enjoying their activity of choice.
Neither likely to be able to continue with that sport.
Probably 4 families wrecked.
Plus both defendants getting substantial jail time, for offences that have 'traditionally' only got a slap on the wrists.

If you think I enjoy reading the same morons spouting the same drivel about cyclists, you must think I'm insane.
Sure sometimes I bite, sometimes I goad, but all of the time I'm thinking 'that could be me rammed off the road with my spine snapped'.

That, and a 21 month jail sentence ought to be quite a sobering thought.

Clearly your intentions were on the side of the angels here, my apologies, I may have made a (incorrect) quick assumption based on on some previous threads.

For what it's worth, I can't imagine anyone disagreeing that texting whilst driving is a moronic act and thoroughly deserves a sufficiently unpleasant punishment.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I don't normally suffer from dyslexia but when I read the assailant name in the picture caption:

Nathaniel Kerr was jailed for a year for breaking an opponent's leg

I was sure it said Neanderthal .....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Could just have easily driven into a pedestrian or another car that was at the back of a queue of traffic. No excuse for endangering life just to send a text.
I'd hate to think what the contents of the message was that cost him his back and her, her freedom.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't normally suffer from dyslexia but when I read the assailant name in the picture caption:

Nathaniel Kerr was jailed for a year for breaking an opponent's leg

I was sure it said Neanderthal .....
That's funny , I thought his first name was Wayne.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Phone off in car (not on silent) It's so simple

When people are caught using their mobile phones whilst driving - I'm thinking voice calls here more than text. Added to the £80? fine and the points the fine should also be increased to include the cost of a new hands-free device. Might help persistent offenders avoid doing it again?

That's funny , I thought his first name was Wayne.

Bloke I worked with recently was ex-signals squadie with surname Kerr - at roll-call they just called him "Wan"

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Towards the end of my pub football playing days I swore the game was getting nastier. Not harder, I should add, just nastier. Perhaps I'm viewing it with rose-tinted spectacles but when I started out playing there were tough sides who would kick you, but never do anything like this. The last few seasons I played I saw tackles going in which bordered on the crippling had they connected. Ridiculous stuff.

Not tough or hard, just plain nasty. Bearing in mind most of the players I played alongside were builders or the like the attitude to a tackle which might put a self-employed bloke out of work would have been disgust from both team mates as much as the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here