Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Park and Ride plus Cardiff with a 6 year old

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Am going to the game on Saturday and was thinking of using Park and Ride.
I've read Mill road is popular and you need to be there 1.5 hours before the game
to get parking.
If I use Brighton Racecourse and arrive around 2pm is that too late?

Also I am taking my 6 year old son.Am a little wary of Cardiff fans
because of him as I've been told the're a nasty bunch.
Will they be mixed in with brighton fans on the trains as I might go
from Worthing by train and will they be using Park and Ride?

Thanks

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've read Mill road is popular and you need to be there 1.5 hours before the game
to get parking.

Thanks
Yes the trains will be mixed but Cardiff have done a lot to stop antisocial behaviour at their matches, that's why were playing them on a Saturday for the first time in years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

To be fair I don't know how it is now, but we stopped using the racecourse P&R early last season as it wasn't great. Usually got there around 2pm and quite often only just made our seats before k.o.

SAC

May 21, 2014
to get parking.

Thanks

Cardiff's Soul Crew are a nasty bunch but they wont pick on a six year old. Blokes in their 20s and 30s though...

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Thanks.

Regards Park and Ride,when I went to the Blackburn game a few weeks back by train I noticed there
were parking places at Hove station.I'm tempted to park there then get the train to Falmer however
I'm a little wary I might get there and all places are gone.Anyone else park there?

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
to get parking.

Thanks

hello maldini. cardiff fan here m8 who lives in portslade, am also taking my 5 year old saturday to the game,we will be in the away end obviously, and his mother in the north stand. there will be no more problems taking your lad to this game than any other game of football. we have made massive strides over recent years to move on from the mayhem that sometimes happened at our games. have a great day with your lad and good luck for the rest of the season :smile:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am staying in Worthing this weekend and trying to figure out the best way to get to the game. Is it on the free bus x700 or get the train to Brighton and out. Any help appreciated. Ta.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I am staying in Worthing this weekend and trying to figure out the best way to get to the game. Is it on the free bus x700 or get the train to Brighton and out. Any help appreciated. Ta.

Obviously it's quicker by train, and ideal if you fancy spending a bit of time in Brighton pre match. Personally I'd take the train, have a spot of lunch in Brighton then get the train just after 2pm to Falmer.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
hello maldini. cardiff fan here m8 who lives in portslade, am also taking my 5 year old saturday to the game,we will be in the away end obviously, and his mother in the north stand. there will be no more problems taking your lad to this game than any other game of football. we have made massive strides over recent years to move on from the mayhem that sometimes happened at our games. have a great day with your lad and good luck for the rest of the season :smile:

Have a great day yourself even if you are going to lose :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here