Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Cole wants to go on loan to the Championship

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
He's had a pretty bad injury record over the last few years but on his day he's a quality player. I have no idea if we are after him, but I remember he was on our radar in the past apparently. Would NSC want him in the match day squad?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7097850 said:
He's had a pretty bad injury record over the last few years but on his day he's a quality player. I have no idea if we are after him, but I remember he was on our radar in the past apparently. Would NSC want him in the match day squad?

Without a shadow of doubt he would do us well and there was much jubilation when it was suggested we were after him. Would enable him to live in Essex and his experience would do us well even if only to cover our forward options.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
No. I would like us to add Jonathan Callieri in January though. As a rule, I want our attacking players to have pace in abundance, and to know how to score when presented with opportunities.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
If he can still do this, then yes please

[YT]0q3XQReoz30[/YT]

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
No. I would like us to add Jonathan Callieri in January though. As a rule, I want our attacking players to have pace in abundance, and to know how to score when presented with opportunities.

I think we'd best forget about him. They'll be too many bigger fish around then.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think we'd best forget about him. They'll be too many bigger fish around then.

I suspect you're probably right, but I'm not going to, and if the club persevere with this one -- and I wouldn't be surprised if they did -- then good on them. We've got to aim high if we want to reach the heights.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
no, no , no. please no.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
IF we are after this type of player then surely Tex is where our attention will be focused.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If he can still do this, then yes please

[YT]0q3XQReoz30[/YT]

Ah cool, you can see my flag in that video and even just make it out in the still above.

But with reference to the actual topic I doubt we would be interested in him...And there is even less chance of him wanting to come here as I assume he wants to goto the Championship to play games and we cannot exactly offer him that at the moment.

Plus I doubt he would be as consistently better than what we currently have. Shame though as years back I loved Joe Cole as he was incredibly skillful and not afraid to use it. When he played for England I used to yearn for the players to give him the ball as he could make things happen and was genuinely exciting...Well, until Mourinho coached any flair out of him...

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Last played a competitive football match in 2007.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He's at Villa, and if he can't get a game there then I'm not sure he's the player we need. I would guess he is still earning a decent wage.

I don't think there is that much daylight between us and Villa tbh so would agree. We can do much better.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No way! Legs went before he went to LFC! Very high wages, very little interest in us. Looking for a last pay day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here