Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff to join in with 'twentys plenty' campaign on Saturday.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Fans from all 20 Premier League clubs and 10 Championship teams will join forces this weekend to protest about the cost of ticket prices.

Last year's BBC Sport Price of Football study showed the average price of the cheapest tickets in Premier League football has increased 15% since 2011.

The co-ordinated protests will call for a £20 cap on away ticket prices.
The Premier League said clubs do have a "huge number of offers" for supporters to make tickets more affordable.

Fans intend to display banners at matches including the Merseyside derby between Everton and Liverpool, and Arsenal's home game against Manchester United.

But there have been suggestions some clubs may prevent such banners being unveiled. Aston Villa, who host Stoke City on Saturday, have previously only allowed those in support of the team.

Kevin Miles, chief executive of the Football Supporters' Federation (FSF), said: "Pricing is a major barrier to watching live football for many fans - no club should deny fans the right to freedom of speech within grounds on such a central issue.

"Any club who does that will rightly face criticism from their fans."

Supporters' groups from Championship sides Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham Forest, Hull City, QPR, Bolton, Reading, Middlesbrough and Bristol City will join their top-flight counterparts in staging protests.
----------------------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34398908

Interesting that Leeds are taking part considering the cost of away tickets at Elland Road.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Brighton have refused to allow the Cardiff fans to display their banner inside the stadium. They would like some Brighton fans to join them for a photo with their banner outside.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brighton have refused to allow the Cardiff fans to display their banner inside the stadium. They would like some Brighton fans to join them for a photo with their banner outside.

That is appalling! Sack the board

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've always said £20 is the most any game should cost so I'm all for this :thumbsup:

Having said that, the issue is the TV money has become ridiculous and the rich are just getting richer...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I dont think 20 is plenty, Premier league teams may be able to afford to discount the ticket price, but where does that leave the rest of the divisions?
You could end up with it costing less to watch West Ham than Leyton Orient.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I've always said £20 is the most any game should cost so I'm all for this :thumbsup:

Having said that, the issue is the TV money has become ridiculous and the rich are just getting richer...

Be us soon. :thumbsup:
That pig pot of cash might be useful if we get promoted. Can't have it both ways.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
We should be charging a tenner for away fans who travel over 100 miles.
Would encourage more to attend, boost catering sales and make for a better atmosphere.
I'm fed up with seeing the whole south stand empty.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe away tickets could match the cost of the away sides average adult ticket price for a home game. All fans can moan to there own club then.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ticket prices are too high in the top two divisions full stop. It's not just away ticket prices. I guess the issue is that unless you have parachute payments or canguarantee huge home crowds, who's will foot the bill for the lost revenue?

Also, I do appreciate that Cardiff fans want to display the banner, but as it's a protest that essentially points the finger at our club, I can understand why we're reluctant to allow it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Yep I agree with this. Was astounded to see that £37 is being charged for Leeds, plus of course the absurd £1 booking fee from BHAFC even though I am collecting the tickets from the AMEX. So In collecting six tickets I pay the club £6 to pull the tickets out of the drawer and give them to me.

But the Leeds price is particularly bad. My mate is a Leeds fan and he can sit in a better seat in the stadium on the day for £22. How can they justify £37 for a seat with a worse view? They used to say the policing cost of having away fans, but surely that has decreased now?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent idea - all power to the campaign.

And it's all very well the clubs saying they do deals for this, that and the other. There are many reasons why people who want to watch their team sometimes can't necessarily be season ticket holders; similarly, it is not always possible to know far in advance which matches you will be able to attend. Until these 'deals' can apply to people who rock up on the day, they're not a lot of use to a lot of people.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Btw if anyone does want to be in the photo with the Cardiff fans and their banner, please pm me, and I'll give you the details.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It cost me and my 8 year old son £50 to watch Cardiff v Brighton last season. Fifty bloody quid!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here