Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Largest crowd this season V Cardiff?

Looks like the clubs recent ticket promotions have had the desired effect.

West and North unusually full with mainly single available. Club have already opened S1F for home fans which I think is a first this season.

Hoping we can put on another great performance for the newbies

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Good to hear.

Let's show a good performance and keep the supporters coming back. I always like a full house. It looks, and feels, so much better atmosphere-wise.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It seems only half of S1F is actually available at the moment. I think for a full house we'd see it completely open, along with S1E (S1D is the final segregation block)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Looks like the clubs recent ticket promotions have had the desired effect.

West and North unusually full with mainly single available. Club have already opened S1F for home fans which I think is a first this season.

Hoping we can put on another great performance for the newbies
Good news.

I know it's been said at least a million times but the current circumstances highlight how unfortunate is the placing of our away section. Ipswich had it right. We can get 25K gates for the rest of this season and yet still at most matches until March there will be expanses of completely empty blocks behind the goal in the South Stand.

Our last 7 home games are Leeds, Sheff Weds, Reading, Burnley, Fulham, QPR and Derby. The crowds at this run of games will be very big if we carry on anything like we have started.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good news.

I know it's been said at least a million times but the current circumstances highlight how unfortunate is the placing of our away section. Ipswich had it right. We can get 25K gates for the rest of this season and yet still at most matches until March there will be expanses of completely empty blocks behind the goal in the South Stand.

It looks rubbish on TV, especially as the TV cameras are in the West.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I always thought Brighton would have no problems getting big crowds but football has much more challenages these days from other sports and interest than they did in the 60/70s but the area Brighton fan base covers would make many other clubs envious .
That why I think it's great seeing the coaches from all over Sussex in the Coach park it makes me feel proud.
I also think the club has been very creative with STH deal bring two friends rather than a palace groupon deal.
Let's hope the team deliver on Saturday.:albion2:

SAC

May 21, 2014
There used to be 60,000 working class supporters week in week out with at least the same number locked out.

Try telling the younger fans this and they wont believe you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There used to be 60,000 working class supporters week in week out with at least the same number locked out.

I don't believe you. And I'm 44.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
My son catches a Seagull travel bus from Worplesdon ,which is a few miles north of Guildford. Him and another guy are first on,then it stops at Horsham , Partridge Green and then Henfield. Pick up time is 4.35pm for an evening game and back at just gone 11.30. He then has to work along a really dark road for 15 minutes. It's great when the team are performing well but hard work when they are struggling.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

I might be tempted to question whether there are 60K "working class" supporters in what is an uber middle class county but that aside we have never in our history had a ground that could accommodate even two-thirds of that. :lolol:

SAC

May 21, 2014
I might be tempted to question whether there are 60K "working class" supporters in what is an uber middle class county but that aside we have never in our history had a ground that could accommodate even two-thirds of that. :lolol:

It was 30,000 fans each one with someone on their shoulders. In those days the crowd was calculated on a head count and as only the one on top was wearing a cap the crowd was half the official one. Almost the opposite of the official crowds now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yup, difficult to believe now, but it DID happen! I still yearn for that old working class spectator sport that football used to be. I've always been much more of a steak & gristle pie behind the goal, than a prawn sandwich in the 1901 Club kinda guy.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yup, difficult to believe now, but it DID happen! I still yearn for that old working class spectator sport that football used to be. I've always been much more of a steak & gristle pie behind the goal, than a prawn sandwich in the 1901 Club kinda guy.

Scalding hot weak Bovril and a slightly stale Wagon Wheel (those HUGE ones we used to have in the olden days!) :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Such as I have fond memories of walking across Hove park, I don't yearn for the 3rd world facilities of the Goldstone. These days you are actually treated like a paying customer when you watch the Albion...

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I remember a promotion game from the third division days which they closed the gates and few thousand had been locked out. Now my memory is going I tell the story as 10,000:facepalm::blush:

Fungus

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 21, 2004
Truro

Yes, we really are under-achieving these days.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I remember a promotion game from the third division days which they closed the gates and few thousand had been locked out. Now my memory is going I tell the story as 10,000:facepalm::blush:

Love it. You were there and experienced it. You are allowed to exaggerate a tad. I know that l do too,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here