Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Claridge is not feeling the love

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find myself agreeing with a lot of stuff he says but at the same time he annoys the hell out of me. Bit of a paradox really.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Unfortunately, about as useful as Donald Trump's foreign policy.

According to wiki it was 5 times. 5 too many. I remember a match at Millwall away he played in. He was woeful.

He also was helped us beat the Hammers at the Boleyn Ground when he was the lone outlet for a besieged defence.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

According to wiki it was 5 times. 5 too many. I remember a match at Millwall away he played in. He was woeful.

Apart from Guy Butters he was MOM away at West Ham :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh nonsense! You need to remember that he was a player at the very tail end of his career, and one who was playing in a mediocre team at best.

My memories of him in an Albion shirt are largely posiitve. I also remember his part in that performance when we won at West Ham.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Oh nonsense! You need to remember that he was a player at the very tail end of his career, and one who was playing in a mediocre team at best.

My memories of him in an Albion shirt are largely posiitve. I also remember his part in that performance when we won at West Ham.

I thought he was okay too but didn't he slag off the club once he left?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I thought he was okay too but didn't he slag off the club once he left?

Possibly, but then that's always been Steve Claridge, he shoots from the hip! Maybe that's part of the reason he played for so many different clubs, he put too many noses out of joint.i

Even if he did, l still respect the guy, and agree with so much of what he says as a pundit too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
When you talk about football with friends there are differences of opinion and, occasionally, open disagreement. One of the things I like about Claridge is that although he is knowledgeable he still talks about football brutally honestly like he would down the pub, and that makes for good viewing / listening.

This is the complete opposite to Mark Chapman who is a media man who knows which buttons to press to get a reaction or a story, witness his handling of the "Gus sacking" live on air.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Not wishing to belittle Salisbury but if Steve Claridge can only get a job at a small non league outfit, doesn't that prove that he is hardly worthy of the pages on here.

If he was that much of an "expert" of the game he would be in the football league.
His good buddy Ian Ridley is Vice Chairman at Salisbury ,no doubt had something to do with his appointment.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember one of our players getting sent off for a foul quite a few years back now. Almost everyone seemed to think it was the wrong decision. Claridge suggested it was a vile assault and could end careers. The interviewer, who I think might have been Andy Steggall, looked like he was struggling to keep a stright face at such a preposterous interpretation of events.

jon12345

Jul 22, 2014
clarifge.png

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

I've rarely seen a Brighton player work as hard as he did when we played West Ham. Absolutely ran himself into the ground. The definition of "an honest pro".

I like him still. Just saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here