Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matchday Park and Ride Advice

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Okay so I was planning on using The Bridge Car Park this Saturday. However that option is now out of action for pay on the day customers.

I will now use one of the Park and Ride sites. However, as I'm not picking up my season ticket until I get to the ground, I won't have it on me when I board the bus.

Do these park and ride buses accept fares or is it a season ticket only admission onto the bus?

Many thanks in advance.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is that a new Season Ticket, or have you loaned it to someone?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Not used P&R this season but in past years have occasionally been asked for tickets at Mill Road, checks never lasted very long. If you are collecting ticket from ground could you take a receipt with you to show just in case?

Only ever been asked for a ticket during the first season at the Amex when payment for the P&R was made in addition to that of the season ticket. Since the cost has been included in the match ticket I've never been asked - why would anyone bother?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Is that a new Season Ticket, or have you loaned it to someone?

Not a new season ticket no. I couldn't make it to Rotherham so left it with the old man for him to shift.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
You could try parking at Wild Park (free) and walking.
works for me

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just pretend you are a pikey.

Seriously though, I don't think they are remotely interested in checking to see if you have a ticket. What matters most is loading up the buses asap, and getting them on their way.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Never been asked, even when I've clearly just walked up without parking a car first. You'll be fine.

Not trying to be "clever dick" be rest assured, but not sure that whether you have arrived in a car or not matters, as transport is included in the price of the ticket, so I assume you can get on a P&R bus regardless?? Anyway, I have never been asked.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Not trying to be "clever dick" be rest assured, but not sure that whether you have arrived in a car or not matters, as transport is included in the price of the ticket, so I assume you can get on a P&R bus regardless?? Anyway, I have never been asked.

Yes you can. My point was more that if you don't arrive in a car you don't fit in with the crowd, yet I was still never asked.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here