Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falling quality of products when production moved to China....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Rightly or wrongly companies move production out of the Europe and the US to China to save on labour cost and boost profits (often for vulture capital backers)

But but so often material quality falls as well, its the the way to destroy a brand. I'm sorry but I just don't get it......

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Yes. Those Apple products are all AWFUL. So unreliable. Can't see them catching on.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Depends which products you are talking about. If you are talking about tin openers then I agree! Some electronic products produced now are designed to fail though (by which I mean not last that long), so it may be deliberate - at least that is what i read somewhere.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
This was said by the British motorcyle industry when the Japanese started making bikes. Then somebody noticed that in fact the Japanese ones didnt leak oil or break down, which was taken as read for the British bikes.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rightly or wrongly companies move production out of the Europe and the US to China to save on labour cost and boost profits (often for vulture capital backers)

But but so often material quality falls as well, its the the way to destroy a brand. I'm sorry but I just don't get it......

Mike Ashley has pretty well made his fortune out of doing just this.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you wont get it when you start off with so many fallacies and myths.

end of day quality is down to quality control. if you ship production somewhere and dont monitor the output very well, the quality will go down - whether thats to Germany, Japan, India or China. or indeed leaving it the country. have tight QA and your product will be high quality.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes. Those Apple products are all AWFUL. So unreliable. Can't see them catching on.

All the apple stuff I've had HAS been crap and unreliable. The first two iPhones I got didn't work and had to go straight back to the shop, the third (which worked) was rubbish and crashed all the time and my ipod got recalled.

So glad I moved over to Samsung.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

I think you're about 20 years too late.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's hope nuclear power stations are still made to a high-spec.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here