Brighton v Cardiff 15:00
Bristol City v MK Dons 15:00
Derby v Brentford 15:00
Leeds v Birmingham 15:00
Nottm Forest v Hull 15:00
QPR v Bolton 15:00
Reading v Middlesbrough 15:00
Sheff Wed v Preston 15:00

Are we still of the opinion that the points shared at Reading would best serve our interests or would anyone prefer either side won?

If Middlesbrough did win, then there is a very real possibility that a win at home to Cardiff would see our advantage to 3rd increase from an already healthy six points - all the other teams on 15 points are away.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No such thing as a shock result in this league is there (although eyebrows may be raised if someone wins by more than the odd goal). A good case can be made for any result which as rightly pointed out makes our lead to 3rd so valuable. Right now I'm nervous of hoping for any result other than our own. With a run of two draws a morale boosting win on Saturday will do wonders. Anything less will make an already tough trip to Leeds even harder.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've got a feeling that Reading will turn it on against Boro. Should be a really good game to watch (cue 0-0), but I'm plumping for a home win.

I reckon this is a crucial game for us in terms of setting the tone for the next few weeks; in which we could hold off the challengers and remain top as we head into winter. I'd put it as unlikely, but it's certainly starting to get exciting.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Before all that we have...

Brentford v Birmingham
Fulham v Wolves

...tonight.

You'd have to fancy Fulham to continue their recent good form and Brentford could go either way now.

Looking at the weekend, I never like the "what is the best result for us?" questions because, until 46 games have been played we simply do not know. Reading and Middlesbrough could play out a draw this weekend and we think it a positive but in the final reckoning Middlesbrough romp the league and Reading finish above us on goal difference. Hindsight would then tell us that a Middlesbrough win would have been the better result for us.

We also only need to finish in front of 22 sides and not 23 to achieve automatic promotion. I'd gladly let one team run away with the league if that meant taking points off of the other sides we are up against.

We don't have the benefit of that hindsight now, of course, so: come on Reading!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Concentrating on our game ..Cardiff are a tad unpredictable ..but see it as a tight game

Every game that we have been involved in so far this season has been tight, so see no reason for this one to be any different.

I actually see Reading as also being very much a threat to us. They are so much stronger this season, especially offensively with Nick Blackman seemingly scoring goals for fun. They also have Vydra of course, who doesn't seem to be starting many games at the moment.

However, as l keep saying, l won't take too much notice of the league table until at least the end of next month.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Really can't get too fussed about results in other games at this time of year. Far too many games to go to start judging where the real class lies.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rotherham vs Burnley this evening - can't see the Millers taking any points from this one :(

I agree it's too early to take too much notice of other results although ones like this are fairly obvious - we want Rotherham to win. They're the types of games that I do keep a serious look out for...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I agree it's too early to take too much notice of other results although ones like this are fairly obvious - we want Rotherham to win. They're the types of games that I do keep a serious look out for...

I fancy Reading to beat Boro tomorrow - would prefer a draw though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here