Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only Lyon

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had a lovely time in Lyon for the 48 hours before I arrived at the airport to fly home - I arrived early upon Easyjet's insistence that there could be a slight delay thanks to an airport rebuild. A message just over the tannoy to let me know that the replacement plane has just left Gatwick. Take off time for us here was originally 5.45 gmt. Unsure how I'll get back to London from Gatwick when I land at about 1.30 now. I'm rather peeved now. Can't blame the city. What a lovely place.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hope for another delay til 4ish and pick up the Milk Train

True. I would rather they put us up in a hotel for the night really. The airport, I think rather rascally, closed all its shops for a few hours and seems to have turned its aircon off, and then opened up its duty free store about 40 minutes ago, dawnofthedeadishly dragging people in to suddenly overspend desperately. An odd and conniving sight. I've eyed up a colossal Chula Chip for the last 25 minutes. Only a tenner, my tired brain tells me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lyon Night
It's Alright :thumbsup:

You could always get a National Express coach from Gatwick back to London. They run all night. Cheap as Chula Chips. Need to book an e-ticket before you get on the bus tho.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Lyon Night

You could always get a National Express coach from Gatwick back to London. They run all night. Cheap as Chula Chips. Need to book an e-ticket before you get on the bus tho.

Thanks Mr Edward T Jett. Now I can't correct my Chula/Chupa typo!

A coach could be an option I suppose. One of those times in which I want someone to pay, though, and I cannae quite see who. I can only hear their wheezy cackle and the helpless cries of the shaven cat they grapple.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I get the feeling that a passenger might use a Chupa stick to stab an Easy who insists they have to put their handbag inside their hand luggage at boarding time. I'd probably boot the stabee, at that.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Lyon Night

There's a National Express ticket machine near the exit of Gatwick south terminal (presumably north too). I used it to sort a ticket to get back at 2am a few weeks ago

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They better do 8ace. Oh yeah, they do, but to Victoria, which I don't like. Uber will have to carry me the rest of the way.

Dunno whereabouts in London you're aiming to get to, but National Rail Enquiries shows also a train from Gatwick to St Pancras at 21 minutes past every hour. Stops at East Croydon, Blackfriars and St. Pancras.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Low cost airlines exist purely to make you appreciate how good staying home actually is.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I've had a lovely time in Lyon for the 48 hours before I arrived at the airport to fly home - I arrived early upon Easyjet's insistence that there could be a slight delay thanks to an airport rebuild. A message just over the tannoy to let me know that the replacement plane has just left Gatwick. Take off time for us here was originally 5.45 gmt. Unsure how I'll get back to London from Gatwick when I land at about 1.30 now. I'm rather peeved now. Can't blame the city. What a lovely place.

Rest assured, Easy Jest will smooth your path to the terminal by either making you wait on the tarmac for 40 minutes while they find a transfer bus, or, even worserer, dock the plane at the farthest point from passport control, giving you a 3 mile hilke from plane door to border control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here