Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice guy from Chelsea......

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Having driven down to Putney from Peterborough to collect an old desk only to find that it was big to go into my car, the wife and I decided to pop into a Brazilian restaurant nearby called Preto (Black). Anyway after stuffing myself daft and supping my expresso thinking of the journey I was alerted to some youngster screaming and kicking off while his dad was trying to calm him down.
Then as the littlun made a break for it I grabbed him, picked him up and took him back to his mum and dad. To my amazement I realised it was Oscar and his missus Ludmilla and we started off chatting away in Portuguese. He was sitting there in trainers, shorts and t-shirt. Anyway he was so down to earth, bought me a beer and we chatted for about 15 minutes. No body guards, no agents just a young lad and an old fart talking about howgood the food was and my time in Brazil.
Real pleasure in this day and age to meet a really nice lad who loves football, but puts his family and his manners above. Kept calling me sir, made my day😀.
Btw didn't get a photo, but hey ho!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
K
Having driven down to Putney from Peterborough to collect an old desk only to find that it was big to go into my car, the wife and I decided to pop into a Brazilian restaurant nearby called Preto (Black). Anyway after stuffing myself daft and supping my expresso thinking of the journey I was alerted to some youngster screaming and kicking off while his dad was trying to calm him down.
Then as the littlun made a break for it I grabbed him, picked him up and took him back to his mum and dad. To my amazement I realised it was Oscar and his missus Ludmilla and we started off chatting away in Portuguese. He was sitting there in trainers, shorts and t-shirt. Anyway he was so down to earth, bought me a beer and we chatted for about 15 minutes. No body guards, no agents just a young lad and an old fart talking about howgood the food was and my time in Brazil.
Real pleasure in this day and age to meet a really nice lad who loves football, but puts his family and his manners above. Kept calling me sir, made my day��.

That is one mad, spooky, crazy coincidence. I also had an espresso today.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Real pleasure in this day and age to meet a really nice lad who loves football, but puts his family and his manners above. Kept calling me sir, made my day��.

Always like to hear stories like this - Ie not all prem footballers are arrogant twats :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Was I the only person expecting this story to end with Oscar having a van and driving the OP back to Peterborough?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
And there was me thinking that PIG's wife isn't called Ludmilla. Was Oscar eating a cold pudding, perchance?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
The moral of the story......................... you need a roof rack.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
The desk dilemma continues. The seller, with big Swedish all terrain vehicle quoted me £65 to deliver to darkest Peterborough! Then mysteriously they pulled out after me agreeing to the said extortionate rate. Having searched through various man and van adds as well as biting my nails awaiting replays fron Shipley my desk remains in SW13.
No doubt the saga will continue ........

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm even more surprised that there's a Scouser that can speak Portuguese.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here