Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We want Falmer Marches...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was trying to think when these were now, it must be about 10 years ago we walked along the seafront during the Labour Conference.

Anyone know exactly when they were?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
No but I have many memories of chants of "Falmer or we vote Tory". Seem to recall John Prescott going out onto the balcony of the Brighton Center during one march.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nice to see CPFC fan Brighton Rock on those marches, massive respect turning out in his home colours

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Campaign March ...photo number 42

Ed keeping me and obergruppenfuhrer perry apart!

Those were actually very good times

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its almost surreal looking back on those days. Albion fans, and NSC, was never better. The galvanising and pulling together as a collective towards a common goal for the survival of our football club was something we will never see again in our lifetimes.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
NSC, was never better. The galvanising and pulling together as a collective towards a common goal for the survival of our football club was something we will never see again in our lifetimes.

The fortnightly catering moan-in doesn't really capture the same spirit of fight for survival, does it?

Oh well. Barber IN :rant:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The fortnightly catering moan-in doesn't really capture the same spirit of fight for survival, does it?

Oh well. Barber IN :rant:

Its actually WONDERFUL just to be grizzling about a cold burger or running out of Harveys these days, isn't it ?

But then again, some of the best threads ever on here came about through that campaign, some of which are preserved in Gold. I can remember logging on here cacking it at the latest breaking news or revelation from the club or the Argus or the Council, then waiting for the sage musings of [MENTION=6]Lord Bracknell[/MENTION] to interpret and guide us through the minutiae of some obscure piece of crap that was going to hold us up for another 6 months.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Its almost surreal looking back on those days. Albion fans, and NSC, was never better. The galvanising and pulling together as a collective towards a common goal for the survival of our football club was something we will never see again in our lifetimes.

Marches, petitions, campaigning (and I was only a foot soldier) did make it feel a bit like following a political party at times.

As you wisely said .... It was the best of times ......

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I think the way the Falmer for All team, made sure that everything that was done during the campaign, was peaceful and humerous, helped massively towards us getting the correct decision. It would have been really easy for us to lose patience and be outwardly aggressive, but that would have been counter productive. I also think some toff throwing an egg at Prescott during fox hunting protest helped, as he could not believe that football fans behaved so well in comparison.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7094912 said:
Seem to remember one or several games when Two Jags came to Withdean, one in particular when we were on Sky (I think) can't remember who we were playing but we had BANNERS!

Think we played Hull at home on a Friday night and he turned up, weren't the banners more the Millennium Stadium

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7094912 said:
Seem to remember one or several games when Two Jags came to Withdean, one in particular when we were on Sky (I think) can't remember who we were playing but we had BANNERS!

The Hull game was the occasion when Norman Baker made a complete tit of himself by claiming that Prescott's meat pie was a bribe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here