Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the time right to bring Dunk back into the starting 11 ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am of the opinion that Dunk should now be restored to the starting 11.

He is our best Centre half, for me we are missing his passing range and added goal threat.

Rather than wait for a suspension or a bad performance a clever manager gets the timing right on bringing key players back in regardless of results.

As well as Uwe and Greer have done, i think now is the time to bring him back in.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hmm, I'm really not sure, but you could be right.

When Uwe strolled into the team at the time of Lewis' uncertain future, I was more than happy for him to go (as it looked like the case was going to be), and I've seen nothing to change my opinion. Having said that I've not studied the goals from Saturday to know if they were the fault of the defenders, or elsewhere.

But having said THAT, I still rate Dunk, and maybe it is time to swap it around? Uwe and Dunk would be interesting, but then Greer has, in my opinion, done not much wrong either this season...

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can't justify dropping either Greer or Uwe at the moment for me.

Neither goal on Saturday was down to them and they have been part of a very good defensive unit

Dunk hasn't done anything yet to warrant his inclusion at the expense of either so for the time being I'd maintain the status quo

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Until one of them is injured or suspended, Dunk will have to bide his time. Nice problem to have.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I am of the opinion that Dunk should now be restored to the starting 11.

He is our best Centre half, for me we are missing his passing range and added goal threat.

Rather than wait for a suspension or a bad performance a clever manager gets the timing right on bringing key players back in regardless of results.

As well as Uwe and Greer have done, i think now is the time to bring him back in.

and who do you propose should be dropped to make way for him???

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
and who do you propose should be dropped to make way for him???

Thats for the manager to decide.

I am just of the opinion that Dunk is our best centre half and should ge back in the side.

I think if it was Kayal for example and Stephens and Ince were playing centrally, regardless of performance Kayal would be brought back in as he is our best centre midfielder.

For me the same applies for Dunk.

It would be harsh on either Uwe or Greer but these are the tough decisions managers get paid to make.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
When Uwe was injured earlier in the season and Dunk started, I thought Dunk would have held down his place then. With the international break just round the corner I guess there isn't much point in making the change if our current pairing our fit and well.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think he will come back into to the team if/when we start conceding goals and dropping points. Perhaps we would not have lost that late goal on Saturday if he was on the pitch. This is something for CH to consider. Give it a few more games.

Also he has not been playing so he may be a bit rusty when he steps back in. No need to go this route right now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would agree that we probably wouldn't have conceded the late goal against Bolton had h been on. I would have brought him on instead of Calderon to bolster our aerial power against Madine. I don't think it would have been too difficult to have moved Greer out wider. Dunk is our best at winning the ball in the air not always accurate with the distribution from it but he at least wins the ball.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Uwe out Dunk in for me.

Why?, he has done absolutely nothjing wrong. Am astute manager doesn't change a winning formula. Ok we have only drawn the last couple of games, but we are still top of the league.

Sometimes it seems, that despite how well we might be doing, there will always be those who aren't happy.

Don't worry, Lewis's moment will come, when injuries or suspensions start to bite. Just not quite yet awhile.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Why?, he has done absolutely nothjing wrong. Am astute manager doesn't change a winning formula. Ok we have only drawn the last couple of games, but we are still top of the league.

Sometimes it seems, that despite how well we might be doing, there will always be those who aren't happy.

Don't worry, Lewis's moment will come, when injuries or suspensions start to bite. Just not quite yet awhile.

We surrendered a two goal lead at the weekend and the player he was marking scored in injury time. Regardless of people saying he was fouled he could have done a lot more to prevent the goal

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
We surrendered a two goal lead at the weekend and the player he was marking scored in injury time. Regardless of people saying he was fouled he could have done a lot more to prevent the goal

What more could he have done exactly?

Have you ever tried to jump with the full weight of a 14 stone man planted firmly on your shoulders??

...well, neither have I exactly, but you get my drift.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk could be brought back this week to combat Kenwynne Jones as we know what happened last season with him. Ok that was a mistake by DS but Greer wasnt able to stop him in the air, in fact there are very few that can but Dunk may be the man.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think trying to defend with only ten men against a very direct Bolton side, who were crossing ball after ball into the box was an absolutely massive ask.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
What more could he have done exactly?

Have you ever tried to jump with the full weight of a 14 stone man planted firmly on your shoulders??

...well, neither have I exactly, but you get my drift.

If you get caught under the ball there is always the potential that you can get climbed on, if he jumped earlier before the ball was right on top of him it would have gone harmlessly through to Stockdale

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here