Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens is top of the league!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Now that's he fully fit, and able to form a partnership with a quality midfielder like Kayal, Stephens has been nothing short of a revelation this season

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lualua is just outside that top ten, as well.

Also got Hemed and Bruno in the top 40; think it's Stockdale or Kayal that comes next. I think that's not a bad summation of how, and in what order, our players are performing this season. I'm wondering what the tally collated by [MENTION=4639]ack[/MENTION]er 79 is currently saying.
For me, Bruno is probably our best player this season, but Stephens, Kayal, KLL and Stockdale are all close challengers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, but didn't a Derby fan tell us he wouldn't be in their first 4 choices for central midfield ???

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes, but didn't a Derby fan tell us he wouldn't be in their first 4 choices for central midfield ???

I did, but I'm not sure I expanded on it?? Let me explain though, He's not a defensive midfielder right? So wouldn't displace Thorne, Hanson or Baird there. He wouldn't be in the side ahead of Hughes, Bryson is a completely different type of player, so you're left with Hendrick, who I concede that he may replace - So it's not a case of he is a good player or not, it's whether he would be better in specific positions than we already have.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
On this one stat brother must eat a little humble pie.
He has been excellent all year.If one of our excellent central
pair find themselves in a shooting position I know which one
I would prefer.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I did, but I'm not sure I expanded on it?? Let me explain though, He's not a defensive midfielder right? So wouldn't displace Thorne, Hanson or Baird there. He wouldn't be in the side ahead of Hughes, Bryson is a completely different type of player, so you're left with Hendrick, who I concede that he may replace - So it's not a case of he is a good player or not, it's whether he would be better in specific positions than we already have.

I'm drifting slightly away from the topic, but how on earth does Chris Baird even get in your squad, let alone the first XI?
Derby have such a plethora of quality players, why on earth did they go for Baird?

I'd be gutted if BHA were ever daft enough to bid for him.
Dale Stephens will have him on toast if he plays against us.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Dropped 50 spots after gifting them their first on Sat

I didn't go to the game, so I've only seen the brief highlights on Sky/FLS, but not only did Kayal gift them their 1st goal ... but who was the BHA player who casually wandered in the direction of the crosser of the ball for Bolton's 2nd goal, making no attempt whatsoever to close him down and try and stop the cross?

It looks remarkably like Kayal to me.

Maybe not his best game for us ....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Capture (1).JPG

This was before the Bolton game

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On this one stat brother must eat a little humble pie.
He has been excellent all year.If one of our excellent central
pair find themselves in a shooting position I know which one
I would prefer.
Why would that be?

I'd imagine the all the posters who clearly stated they'd happily drive DS to Derby ought to be peckish.
Saying DS isn't quite as good as Kayal but better than every other possibility hardly seems worthy of a back track.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I'm drifting slightly away from the topic, but how on earth does Chris Baird even get in your squad, let alone the first XI?
Derby have such a plethora of quality players, why on earth did they go for Baird?

I'd be gutted if BHA were ever daft enough to bid for him.
Dale Stephens will have him on toast if he plays against us.

You know what, I thought Baird was the best signing of the summer - Experienced, able to cover several positions, played a fair amount in the prem last year but it hasn't turned out that way. Hanson is a very good stand in for Thorne, Baird is adequate but certainly doesn't dictate the game like Thorne or Hanson. Decent at right back, but doesn't much going forward....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I didn't go to the game, so I've only seen the brief highlights on Sky/FLS, but not only did Kayal gift them their 1st goal ... but who was the BHA player who casually wandered in the direction of the crosser of the ball for Bolton's 2nd goal, making no attempt whatsoever to close him down and try and stop the cross?

It looks remarkably like Kayal to me.

Maybe not his best game for us ....

Well, he did declare before the game how much he likes Neil Lennon...

(KING Kayal deserves plenty of slack, obviously. He's been nothing short of OUTSTANDING since the day he arrived)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, he did declare before the game how much he likes Neil Lennon...

(KING Kayal deserves plenty of slack, obviously. He's been nothing short of OUTSTANDING since the day he arrived)

Did make me wonder just how up for the game he was when I heard he was having his worst of the season....

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
seem to remember some very negative comments from you
last year questioning Dale's ability.If it wasn't you then I've misremeberd

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here