Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corbyn spotting

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given what happened with the Trident debate I'd expect to find him on top of an enormous fence munching some humble pie.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He's at the Cliftonville - having a full English with Ernest.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trying to spot a particular beardy, slightly trampy-looking middle-aged bloke in central Brighton - tricky.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Given what happened with the Trident debate I'd expect to find him on top of an enormous fence munching some humble pie.

Not been following things for a few days. What happened with the Trident debacle?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Not been following things for a few days. What happened with the Trident debacle?

He wanted one very much. The unions and constituencies did not. They won. It's either "democratic" or "weak leadership" depending on which Labour figure you listen to / paper you read.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He wanted one very much. The unions and constituencies did not. They won. It's either "democratic" or "weak leadership" depending on which Labour figure you listen to / paper you read.

Sorry, I misread your original post as 'debacle' rather than 'debate'. Probably my sub-conscious substituting in my view on Corbyn's defence, and anti-NATO views.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

He asked if there was appetite for a debate on the issue. The Party said there wasn't. He respected the democratic decision.

Tory rags are turning it into a weakness some how.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The trident debate was only ever going to have one outcome; Corbyn knew this. It genuinely is a powerful demonstration of democracy under Corbyn, and very much intentional. Now he can move on to more important issues to which we all agree on.

1 a spin.jpg

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Trying to spot a particular beardy, slightly trampy-looking middle-aged bloke in central Brighton - tricky.

I know, and Ed was no good 'cause he looked funny.

When will the Labour party realise it's how you look that really counts to so may voters?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He asked if there was appetite for a debate on the issue. The Party said there wasn't. He respected the democratic decision.

ah if only it were that simple. he has allowed a way out, a fudge that doesn't take up time. that's not such a bad idea, as no one is likely change their view on the matter, and there isn't scope for detailed policy tweeks. the problem is that it just kicks the can down the road, with no party policy on the matter. its neither democratic or undemocratic, its just evasive. next March there will be a free vote on the matter and, as things stand, large proportion of Labour will back the government.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
ah if only it were that simple. he has allowed a way out, a fudge that doesn't take up time. that's not such a bad idea, as no one is likely change their view on the matter, and there isn't scope for detailed policy tweeks. the problem is that it just kicks the can down the road, with no party policy on the matter. its neither democratic or undemocratic, its just evasive. next March there will be a free vote on the matter and, as things stand, large proportion of Labour will back the government.

There is Party Policy on the matter, the consensus is to keep Trident. Corbyn isn't kicking the can down the road, he wanted a debate but the Party voted against debating the Trident stance. He's respecting the democratic process.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here