Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] None of the promoted sides in premiership relegation zone.......

gen

Banned
Aug 23, 2015
None of the promoted sides are in the premiership relegation zone.......yet.
Has there ever been a premiership season which has finished with none of the promoted teams being relegated? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Also, 3 promoted sides from last year's League 1, are now Championship bottom 3.

???

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Has there ever been a premiership season which has finished with none of the promoted teams being relegated? ???

Twice All 3 promoted clubs have stayed up. the first time was in 2001/02 Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn all survived as newly promoted clubs. Qpr, Norwich and Swansea also managed it in the 2011/12 season.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I was going to have a bet on none getting relegated, assumed I'd get decent odds, but didn't get round to it.

Judging by the efforts of Sunderland, Newcastle and Villa I think it's looking quite possible

CheeseRolls

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Ducking the question somewhat, but it is not unusual for promoted sides to start well. This can be attributed to a carried over confidence derived from a winning habit.

Take a look at the table when the January transfer window opens and imagine reinforcements with a choice between Bournemouth and one of the North East clubs, for example.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was going to have a bet on none getting relegated, assumed I'd get decent odds, but didn't get round to it.

Judging by the efforts of Sunderland, Newcastle and Villa I think it's looking quite possible
Last season was always going to be THE year to get promoted.

The bottom third of The Greatest League In The World has been absolutely shitehouse for ages, and have been slowly separating downwards.
With Wilson out Bournemouth could struggle, saving one team from Blunderland, Newcastle, Villa, West Brom.
They'll also be a surprise relegation contender which could be one from Stoke, Everton or Southampton.

In fact if you swap Chelsea and West Ham, palace and Liverpool I'd say the table would have an end of season look too it.
Well done Leicester.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Last season was always going to be THE year to get promoted.

The bottom third of The Greatest League In The World has been absolutely shitehouse for ages, and have been slowly separating downwards.
With Wilson out Bournemouth could struggle, saving one team from Blunderland, Newcastle, Villa, West Brom.
They'll also be a surprise relegation contender which could be one from Stoke, Everton or Southampton.

In fact if you swap Chelsea and West Ham, palace and Liverpool I'd say the table would have an end of season look too it.
Well done Leicester.

Yes, Wilson getting crocked is a huge blow for B'muff but still fancy Ken to keep them up.

Also agree that, barring those exceptions, the table will change very little .... crap league in that respect

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Hard to understand how Sunderland manage to save themselves each time. Year on year, they're utter rubbish, with the exception of their usual win against Newcastle. They epitomise mediocrity & bad attitudes on the pitch, and yet every single year, they scrape together enough points to get away with it. Their luck has to run out soon.

Bournemouth have Glenn Murray to take Wilson's place, of course, when the inevitable season-ending knee ligament injury is confirmed. Very different style of player though. Can't quite see how that's going to work out without a nippy striker like...say...Wilson...for him to work with.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hard to understand how Sunderland manage to save themselves each time.
Obviously the teams at the bottom rarely win, so when they put a run of, say, 10 points from 15 together at the end of the season, that makes a huge difference. Sunderland have done that regularly at the end of most recent seasons, Leicester did it last season and in the past it was always Coventry City doing it. Indeed, we even did it once.

At some point though, Sunderland's luck will run out. They are a basket case at the moment so I fully expect to see them relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here