Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Big Bang Theory.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I'm on about the TV show,not the actual happening.

Is it the "Marmite" of comedies?
I absolutely love it yet people who I thought would get the humour...............don't.

It could so easily be set in Brighton.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
The actress that plays Penny, Kaley Cuoco, and Johnny Galecki, plays Leonard, were a couple in real life. At the time the series began. Kaley had a whirlwind romance with another actor. She is now divorcing that person so there is a real "push" by the fans that Cuoco and Galecki get back together and marry in real life. Watch the tabloids for the story on the two.

http://www.ibtimes.com/big-bang-the...-galecki-rekindle-romance-kaley-cuoco-2115819

Last week, the 29-year-old actress gushed about Galecki during an appearance on "Watch What Happens Live," telling host Andy Cohen her co-star was one of her "dearest friends." She also revealed her now soon-to-be ex-husband got along great with Galecki.

“Ryan loves him. Johnny loves [Ryan] I got lucky," Cuoco said. When asked by a caller if it was awkward working on "Big Bang Theory" with her former boyfriend, Cuoco responded she didn’t mind it because the two have always remained professional.

“Well, we dated like five years ago, so I think we both moved on," she said. "Johnny is actually one of my best friends. It’s a situation that ended well."

Cuoco and Galecki dated from 2007 to 2010. While the pair kept their romance a secret at the time, both have gone on record saying it was a wonderful relationship. On Monday's premiere of "The Big Bang Theory" their characters got married at a Las Vegas wedding chapel.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
The canned laughter drives me mad same with loads of American shows - I just think they're shit

Bring back the office...

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My son likes it. Seems a bit tame/bland to me. I agree that the laughter track is annoying. I think it's aimed at a younger demographic than me, but my sour attitude towards the programme may be influenced by the fact that three separate people at work have said that I resemble the main character, one suggesting that I'm like him personality-wise too, an accusation I would rigorously refute.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The canned laughter drives me mad

I'm with you there, if you look on YouTube there are a couple of short videos of the Big Bang Theory with the laugh track removed. It shows just how astonishingly unfunny it actually is...

I actually used to like it as it started out being a geeky comedy show that was fairly accessible and made the mocking of comic books, video games etc. seem fairly affectionate rather than the same clichéd rubbish. As time has gone on, it's reverted to the same old easy jokes about what 'geeks ' are like.

Long story short; I read comic books, I love sport, I have (some) social skills. In the world of that godawful heap of crap show I wouldn't exist.

Still nothing compared to '2 broke girls' though, that really a warm steaming pile of hateful American toss.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The canned laughter drives me mad same with loads of American shows - I just think they're shit

Bring back the office...

Agreed, Yank comedy now is just pathetic!. As for the canned Laughter. F##***G W####E#s!

It's not canned, it's filmed in front of a studio audience, which means we have to listen to something a thousand times worse:-

AMERICAN AUDIENCES BEING EMOTIONAL.

Stop freakin cheering when 2 actors kiss.
Accepting a marriage proposal doesn't mean they are getting married.
You have not witnessed a special moment.
Announcing a pregnancy doesn't mean they are pregnant.
THEY ARE FREAKIN ACTORS ACTING.

Fudging morons, the lot of of them.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
It's not canned, it's filmed in front of a studio audience, which means we have to listen to something a thousand times worse:-

AMERICAN AUDIENCES BEING EMOTIONAL.

Stop freakin cheering when 2 actors kiss.
Accepting a marriage proposal doesn't mean they are getting married.
You have not witnessed a special moment.
Announcing a pregnancy doesn't mean they are pregnant.
THEY ARE FREAKIN ACTORS ACTING.

Fudging morons, the lot of of them.

Please people! Brit audiences are no more sophisticated. Benny Hill? Really?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've tried to get into it but every episode just feels the same to me.

Genius is socially retarded.
Lead is awkward and ruins any chance he get's with Waitress.
Asian can't speak to girls unless he drinks and offers nothing to the show.
Star Trek guy is a softer version of Quagmire (Family Guy).
Waitress is totally unfunny, as are the other female characters.

Ad infinitum.

It's certainly no Frasier.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Bring back the office...

I saw a couple of minutes of a programme the other day with canned laughter on. It was a UK show, can't remember what it was. The canned laughter seemed so out of place it was ridiculous, like some terrible 1970s sitcom. I can't believe any producer now thinks inserting canned laughter into a soundtrack is a good idea. It was cringeworthy.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Whenever I'm on holiday with American TV being shoved down our necks, 'Big Bang Theory' seems to be on ever channel and I love it. But get back home and I never watch it because 'better' things are on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I really liked it when the guys were proper geeks with no girlfriends trying to get dates but failing miserably. It is still quite funny but run its course and become a bit stale.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here